I have a VOX AD120VTX combo and i was wondering if somebody could help me with getting the tone right. I would like to know if it would be possible to get it to sound kinda like a Mesa Dual Rec Roadster (which is what i'm savin up for). If not, maybe something that's kind of in that area. I play metal, so i need a good solid metal tone.
There is a 120? But any ways if you have these amp models i would try using the UK Modern/Numetal amp models, crank you're gain and volume, treble at about 3:00, middle at about 9:00 and you're bass at about 12:00. Closest thing i can get to a Metallica tone on my AD50VT with my boss distortion pedal. Find it's good for multiple artists, i really suggest a distortion pedal if you want more out of the amp for metal.
Numetal is the MESA setting on the Valvetronix series. Go from there and that's you on your way.
Quote by greggybhoy
Numetal is the MESA setting on the Valvetronix series. Go from there and that's you on your way.

Is Numetal the same as UK Modern because mine doesn't have Numetal.
No, UK models allude to Marshall style amps. Check if your amp has a model that alludes to a Mesa, with a name such as "diamond plate".

EDIT: Just checked and the is a model on the VTX called RECTO. How could you possibly have missed that?
Quote by greggybhoy
No, UK models allude to Marshall style amps. Check if your amp has a model that alludes to a Mesa, with a name such as "diamond plate".

EDIT: Just checked and the is a model on the VTX called RECTO. How could you possibly have missed that?

yea, i just read about that model in the manual