I just checked out his rig and the order he uses effects. What exactly is the advantage of putting the Digitech Whammy in the effects loop? I mean, if it's after a distorted pre-amp, wouldn't the tracking sound like ass?
..............dude are you telling TOM MORELLO how he should have his effects
if tom does it i would just go with it
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
^
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
He's probably tried every possible combination and like that the best

But who know's! You need to ask the man himself, (or his guitar tech).
Fender American Strat
-
Fender Tuner | Dunlop Wah | BD-2 | DS-2 | MXR Distortion III | Phase 90 | Small Clone | Carbon Copy
-
Blackstar HT-5 | Orange PPC 112
Alright, I tried the Digitech Whammy through effects loop. Sounds great, except my FX loop is parallel, meaning I'm forced to hear the original signal too.
That rig isn't correct. He has all his pedals in the effects loop, the wah isn't going into the front of the amplifier. And he doesn't use a channel switcher, he keeps the amp set on the second channel and turns his guitar down whenever he wants cleans.

I think a Whammy in the effects loop would be better than in front of the amp because rather than distorting the Whammy-ed signal, you're Whammying the distorted signal.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

I've tried my Whammy in the effects loop before and it seems to suck tone to me.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I'm screwed anyway because of my parallel 50/50 effects loop. I have to get a good overdrive pedal if I want to achieve the same effect.
Quote by VoodooCow229
That rig isn't correct. He has all his pedals in the effects loop, the wah isn't going into the front of the amplifier. And he doesn't use a channel switcher, he keeps the amp set on the second channel and turns his guitar down whenever he wants cleans.

I think a Whammy in the effects loop would be better than in front of the amp because rather than distorting the Whammy-ed signal, you're Whammying the distorted signal.

Correct! I personally prefer all my effects infront of the amp.
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.