So, I've been playing guitar for a little bit over a year now, and never had any problems with pain anywhere, until now.

Recently, the tips of my fingers feel really raw and the strings bite into them whenever I try to play.

Am I doing something wrong, because this never used to happen...

(If this is an extremely noob question, and I sound like a complete idiot.. don't hesitate to tell me )
this is an extremely noob question, you sound like a complete idiot, and i did not hesitate to tell you this.
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
but the good thing is, once the feeling goes away you will have fingertips of steel! at least more so than before, and you'll be able to play for longer periods of time without your fingertips hurting again.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
it's all part of being a musician.

If it doesn't hurt, you're doing it wrong.

It's a sadistic business^^
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
I believe the correct advice here is no pain no gain. It'll hurt a bit now, but your finger will build calluses that will allow you to play much longer.
As long as its just sore tips of your fingers you're fine - its just because your fingers are still soft. They'll toughen up and callouses will form.

Pain anywhere else is a bad thing though.
Quote by zhilla
As long as its just sore tips of your fingers you're fine - its just because your fingers are still soft. They'll toughen up and callouses will form.

Pain anywhere else is a bad thing though.

Yea well, you know, my knee is actually killing me from all that sweeping.

Well, it's good to know that something good will come out of it.
Kinda sucks going to do a bed and figuring out you can't because it hurts too much =p
Also make sure you are using the minimum amount of pressure necessary to fret notes correctly. If you are pressing down too hard with your fretting hand that could be a source of the problem and could lead to other pains in your hand.