I was doing a guitar swing with my Epi SG (its a bolt on neck) and it hit a chair then the neck cracked and now i dont know how to fix it or what to do at all, the crack goes from the nut diagonally all the way to the 3rd fret and u can see it on both sides any ideas on what to do?

P.S. if this is the wrong forum let me know, thanks.
Replace the neck, and don't do a guitar swing again.
'64 Fender Telecaster
'08 Epiphone Prophecy EM-2
'06 Epiphone Les Paul-100
'08 Squier Strat Mini
'03 Ibanez AEG10
'90 Yamaha FG730S
'31 Kay Archkraft
go to your local guitar shop, they'll know what to do. they'll prolly make you buy a new neck, it'll be rather expensive
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
Something like this?

It's a scarf joint crack. To fix it, you need to break it cleanly, dowel it, liberally apply Titebond Original, and clamp it with many clamps.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
You're in the correct forum.
D you have any pics?
It sounds like the scarf joint split. If so, get yourself some titebond(original) and clamps and glue the mofo.

BurnEdit: Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-^^^
Last edited by SGburnsRED at Jul 5, 2009,
If you dowel it too, it gets even stronger.

what would happen if a use it now and how much would it cost to fix it at a guitar shop cause it dont think i could do it myself
Don't distrust yourself. You can do this easily.

If you keep using it now, you're likely to damage it even further, which could destroy your fretboard. At a shop, you'd be looking at around 200-300 easily. Shops overcharge quite a bit.

thank u all for ur help i think ill try to fix it myself but im gonna start to save for a new better guitar and never do guitar swings ever
Quote by Geo.~
thank u all for ur help i think ill try to fix it myself but im gonna start to save for a new better guitar and never do guitar swings ever

That's some great advice to follow.

If you're looking into a new guitar, I can vouch for the quality of Agiles www.rondomusic.com

Great product for the price.

I'm saving that video for future reference, if you're okay with that. It'll come in handy on here alot.

Quote by minichibi
I fixed a neck earlier in the year: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H41stfp-NVQ

you can see pretty well how I did it.
Hey sweetie, I haven't seen you post in a long time.
Welcome back. Hugs, kisses, and all that.

Props to you and your dad on a job well-done with that snapped headstock.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.