im looking at changing the pickups in my guitar but i dont know much about pickups to really make a good decision.
I have a Ibanez Prestige RGA121 and run it through a Crate BV120H.
I play from Iron maiden to megadeth to metallica. so looking somewhere along those sounds. any help would be great, thanks.
well, standards are EMG's, Seymour Duncans, and DiMarzio. There's Rockmonkey, ironhead, and bareknuckles as well (less mainstream, but still great)
------

Shwiggity.
Dimarzio super distortions?
Quote by John Petrucci
When it comes to practicing, I would spend about 63 hours a day
Quote by deftonesordie
well, standards are EMG's, Seymour Duncans, and DiMarzio. There's Rockmonkey, ironhead, and bareknuckles as well (less mainstream, but still great)

Definitely look into the Rockmonkeys and the Iron Gears. Both great products for the price.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Save up a lil more, what and how many pickups are you replacing?
In the Valley of Vung
Then I'd look into Iron Gear, maybe the Steam Hammer or the Hammerhead. They'd be about 100 US.

im thinking of just changing my bridge pickups for right now, maybe later when i get some more money ill look into my neck pickups. and i still have stock pickups in my guitar v7/v8...
The V7 isn't all that bad. For $100, you can get almost any one of the Rockmonkeys. They're great quality and handwound.

yeah i agree but im not too fond of the v8. so im trying to get some research done thanks for the advice! same with everyone else.
alright ive been looking at different pickups and so far im liking what im hearing about the seymour duncan JB SH-4. anyone have anything to say about that one? i dont know if i want to get the actives due to the battery issue and how much it may take to get my guitar suitable for active pick-ups.
TDM Pickups XD
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology