thanks in advance for taking the time to help me.

right now my current setup is a bc rich mocking bird bronze series hoooked up to a small p.o.s. crate amp with a ds1 distortion pedal.

im looking to spend around 600$ on a new amp and guitar. o and also i like metallica, pantera, red hot chili peppers, sublime, old atreyu and some other stuff in between. but i mostly play metal.

so far the only thing i have in mind for a new guitar is the ibanez rg350dx (i think it is) the white one thats has the shiny pick guard ($400). the only problem is that i might have some difficulty playing this guitar because of the single coil pickup right in between the other two pickups might be in the way of my picking and strumming.

so if you could point in the right direction as to wat guitar and wat amp to buy in my price range that would be great!
you know the PUP is beneath the strings,right? It won't bother you at all the RG350DX is a metal machine
Why do you need a new guitar when you have a stupid amp? Get a better amp because the BC Rich is worth it it's a good guitar don't hate it because of stupid comments
Quote by Dopemgs
you know the PUP is beneath the strings,right? It won't bother you at all the RG350DX is a metal machine
Why do you need a new guitar when you have a stupid amp? Get a better amp because the BC Rich is worth it it's a good guitar don't hate it because of stupid comments

I don't know where to begin with this post. Of course he knows pickups are beneath the strings. The problem is the middle pickup is placed right where some people pick when they palm mute and stuff. SO when your holding the pick, it kinda hits the pickup, and can be distracting. TS I know it's annoying, it it really isn't THAT much of a distraction. As for the BC Rich, it's a horrible guitar. And that has nothing to do with what other people say. It isn't one of those "bandwagon" comments like this guy is saying. Bronze BC's are some of the worst guitars I've played. They're made with agathis wood, which is horrrrible IMO.

For you, I would suggest getting a roland cube with whatever money you have left.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

oh well if you've tried them than it's ok Yeah I know this thing with the pup but I don't think it's that annoying. However I've never played BC Rich guitars but I doubt they're too evil or anything But still with a good amp it should sound perfect in my opinon
Quote by Dopemgs
oh well if you've tried them than it's ok Yeah I know this thing with the pup but I don't think it's that annoying. However I've never played BC Rich guitars but I doubt they're too evil or anything But still with a good amp it should sound perfect in my opinon

You're right, it will definitely sound better with a good amp. But IMO for someone not toooo advanced, $600 is a great amount for upgrading both guitar and amp. To lower-mid level equipment, which can be quite nice.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

Ok for your musical taste I'd say the RG350DX is perfect (imho it's perfect for anything (except making babies(tho I want to))). You can combine it with a new amp but I'm afraid I don't know many good amps (I'm with a Stagg 15 )
alright thanks for all the replies! currently ive had this bc rich for like 4 years. its gets really annoying because my guitar keeps shorting out and i always take it to get fixed for 10 dollars just for it to short out again. and i agree, it was a great starter guitar but i dont want this guitar or amp any more. i think ill go to guitar center and try the ibanez and see if its distracting. as far as the roland cube amps ive heard good things about them but have never interacted with one before, can i get a good one for 200$?
I've heard Roland Cubes are the best for beginners and advanced so yes you can
awesome! cant wait to go to guitar center to try em out! thanks all the help people of the guitar forum ha ha
get a "lower end" valve/tube amp. With your DS-1 on the proper settings, it is possible to emulate the type of sounds that you like. Fender and Epiphone have some in the $200 range.
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/