I'm currently in a dilemma about which amp to buy. I currently have a crappy 15w Line 6 Spider III ... which cant fulfil my needs at all any more..

I am torn between these 2 amps:

Marshall 50/100w JVM combo or Mesa Boogie 5:50 50w

Which one do you guys think i should go with? If you want to know about my style and stuff, i'll give you some info. I own a Gibson Les paul studio, and an epiphone les paul standard, and soon purchasing a Gibson Les paul junior. My musical style almost couldnt be broader, and therefore i need a very versatile amp. My favorite bands/guitarists are:

Coldplay, Nirvana, Jimi Hendrix, Muse, Green Day, The Clash, and Slash. (I know.. how da hell did i end up with that combo)

I expect it to be fitting for both practice and gigging needs... Suggestions are also accepted..
Neither one are that great of an amp imo.

The Express series are alright, but compared to others Mesa have put out in that price range, it's the worst Mesa I've used, not worth the price at all. The JVM is lifeless and sterile, again, not worth the price.

Many of the bands you listed use/d Marshall amps, I'd go for something a bit more classically voice. Marshall JCM 800 or maybe even a 900 or 2000.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
i'm with matrix. why are you limiting yourself to only those two?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by MatrixClaw
Neither one are that great of an amp imo.

The Express series are alright, but compared to others Mesa have put out in that price range, it's the worst Mesa I've used, not worth the price at all. The JVM is lifeless and sterile, again, not worth the price.

Many of the bands you listed use/d Marshall amps, I'd go for something a bit more classically voice. Marshall JCM 800 or maybe even a 900 or 2000.

i second this, with the exception of what he said about the mesa only because i havent played those models.
but yea, most of what you listed was people who use marshall
you know, ive owned 8 different guitars over my lifetime, and right now i have 3. i wanna know what the hell happened...i mean the picks and cables are understandable, they disappear into thin air all the time, but guitars?

wow thanx, seems like a very unanimous conclusion .. but yea, looking at them now... what would be the differences between the jcm 800, 900 and 2000?