Hi,
As I'm in the market for a decent guitar (it will take ages before I'll buy it, but you know, look around...), I decided to play the Fender Jaguar (the standard one) at a music shop when I was there to pick up a couple of stuff, I've been GASing for one for ages, and it played great, WAY better than my strat copy I've got, only one problem, the high E-string was muted by the bridge pup that was a bit high but that can be fixed... Anyway, what I'm coming here for is to ask if the guitar is reliable, and if it stays in tuning OK with the tremolo bar. Also, would the guitar suit my music style (pretty wide range, Muse, Radiohead, The Horrors, The Strokes, Joy Division, The White Stripes,...)?

Thanks for the help!
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...

I think the guitar will fit your needs but the the guitar itself staying in tune will be different from guitar to guitar
Ibanez.
The Jauguar is absolutely perfect for what you're doing.

As for reliability, the floating trem has been notoriously unreliable. in the past. For some reason people still like them, I hear some people replace the bridge with a Mustang bridge to prevent strings from popping out when you're divebombing (or at least using the trem to it's max; divebombing is not an option here lol). They're better now though.
Last edited by thewho65 at Jul 5, 2009,
Ok, good to now, I'm no divebomber, so that's no problem, I just use the bar to add a bit of 'flutter'-ish sounds to my music...

So I guess that the string-popping wouldn't really be a problem then?
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...