Basically, my parents are going to the states in a few weeks and i am wanting them to bring me some guitar gear back to the UK, since it is cheaper over there and prices over here have sky rocketed. Obviously i cant have anything major or overally heavy, wanting a some new pedals or rack gear maybe?

My current set up is
Peavey 6505+
Marshall jcm 900 cab
Boss NS-2
Boss GE-7
Schecter c-7 hellraiser
Schecter c-1 hellraiser

Just started a new band, which is more or less technical death metal, most of the songs are in standard 7 string tuning or in drop A, was wondering what i could get to give my guitar more clarity yeah boost the low ends and mids still. Maybe thinking a maxon od or ibanez tubescreamer? but thats all i can think of!

the settings on the lead channel on my amp are Low-6 mid-8 high-6 Gain-7
presence -4 resonance-6

any pointers would be sick
an MXR 10-band EQ would give you what you want
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
MXR 10 band EQ would do the trick nicely.

Edit: And yes, I posted this before I saw the above post
Quote by icronic
MXR 10 band EQ would do the trick nicely.

Edit: And yes, I posted this before I saw the above post

what would that do that the boss one couldnt? would i still run both ?
He already has an EQ...

Get a Maxon OD-808.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Jul 5, 2009,
Turn the gain down, bro. You don't need as much gain as you think you do, especially in a band setting.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by MatrixClaw
Hey already has an EQ...

Get a Maxon OD-808.

I second the od-808. I've heard they work quite well at tightening up your tone.
Quote by Al soulfracture
what would that do that the boss one couldnt? would i still run both ?

Ah right the GE-7 is an equalizer, I had forgotten that.

The MXR one is definitely a step above the Boss one, and it's probably worth the upgrade.

But honestly, if you want more clarity, drop the mids bass and resonance a bit and raise the presence. A tube screamer might help a bit. But really you'd have to drop your gain way back first. In fact you probably should anyway. I've noticed most Peaveys (at least the 6505 the XXX and my own JSX) have a ridiculously high amount of gain, you shouldn't need it any higher than 5.
Quote by dfinch10
I second the od-808. I've heard they work quite well at tightening up your tone.

Cool, what would i be looking at setting wise then ?
do they help with the mid hump of your amp and tighten it alot more ?