I read something interesting while I was looking for a challenging song to learn, Jack Bruce apparently denied playing on Frank Zappa's track Apostrophe. He said that Frank simply wanted him to play cello on a song or two, yet he is credited with the bass guitar on that track, and the bassline seems very much like the typical Jack Bruce line, busy, all over the place, lots of chromatics.

Did he play on this track or not? I'm so confused!
Gear:1991 Fender MIJ Jazz/Squier VM Fretless Jazz -> Pitchblack -> Way Huge Green Rhino -> Boss OC-2 -> Boss DD-7 -> Markbass Tube 800 -> SWR 4x12.

Flat wounds. Flat wounds on everything. Everything is a little fatter when it's flatter.
But almost everything about the bass screams Jack Bruce. With the except of distorted bass, but the style is perfect. Zappa said he wouldn't record with Bruce because he didn't like the style that Bruce used with his playing, but he did say they jammed. So maybe Apostrophe was just a jam?
Gear:1991 Fender MIJ Jazz/Squier VM Fretless Jazz -> Pitchblack -> Way Huge Green Rhino -> Boss OC-2 -> Boss DD-7 -> Markbass Tube 800 -> SWR 4x12.

Flat wounds. Flat wounds on everything. Everything is a little fatter when it's flatter.
This is one of those things that get debated endless amoungst Zappa fans. Most concede that Bruce did play on the tracks that were listed. Zappa also said he never played with Pink Floyd either--but there are quite a few photos and tapes out there that are to the contrary.

My feeling? That's Jack on the tracks.
Ha ha. I'm not much of a Zappa fan, I don't get to hear his music often and there is really nowhere around me that sells him, though it does please me when I hear it. I'm more of a Bruce fan. I looked up Apostrophe because I'm itching to learn it so I will have an audition piece if Berklee accepts me to the point of auditioning. And even then, it's a badass song.

That's very true.