Hey all,

I usually would not ask what some might percieve a idiotic question often but I've been working on this solo for like the past week I've not been able to progress due to a small snag ( So dont laugh me out the forum yet ). I'm hellbent on learning this solo as since I've begun to play guitar (only been since Decemberish 08) I've near 95% of the time given up on solo's saying "oh its a bit out of my league maybe i'll learn it later", then it becomes the question of "well whats the point of playing if i can't even try play it fully?".

Anyways this is regarding the SECOND solo of comfortably numb. I seem to have most of the beginning down and pretty happy with it. Its when Gilmour goes up on the Bm pentatonic scale for the first time in that solo. I've been trying different various and im not getting the "rhythm" down on that part, it sounds off. Here is the part im stuck on, and theres 3 different variations, and I dont know which is the "correct" one. Difference between the diagrams is either missing or added a note, but i think it makes a huge difference on that part.

|---9---9b(10)>>>>>--7----7-7-----------------------------------------------------
|----------------------10------------10p7---7---10p7---7---------------------------
|---------------------------------------------9-------------9---9-7---9-7-----------------
|---------------------------------------------------------------------9-----9-7-------------
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------9-8-7/5---5-
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------7---

OR

|---9---9b(10)>>>>>--7----7-7-----------------------------------------------------
|----------------------10-----------10p7---7---10p7------------------------------
|-------------------------------------------9---------------9b-7---9-7-----------------
|------------------------------------------------------------------9-----9-7-------------
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------9-8-7/5---5-
|----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------7---

OR

|---9b==(9)r-------7----7------------------------------------7------------------------------------------------------------------------
|-----------------------10--10b---------10p7-------------7-------10p7-------------------------------
|--------------------------------------------------9--9b11------------------9-9bp7---9-7--------------
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------9-----9-7-----------------
|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------9-8-7s5--5----
|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------7------

I've bolded the part im confused about specifically especially if you hit the 7th fret on the high E string inbetween that 9th fret bend (on G string) to 7th fret on B string and then the 10-7 pull off (b string) shown on the third diagram.

This part is roughly from 4.58 to 5.02 mins on this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkJNyQfAprY

Such a small part I know, hence why I would consider it a silly question, but i feel I wouldnt do it justice if i didnt have that part down as it is repeated many times in that solo. I have tried to listen by ear, I have tried everything I could for 1 week, hence why I'm finally here.

Please would anyone who has has any knowledge of this song and possibly knows how to play this direct me into the "right" version of the part (or if all 3 are wrong their version), so I can stop being confused on which is the correct one and not getting that rhythm down, due to focusing on 3 different variations of a part that only lasts about 4 seconds!

Many Thanks!
Last edited by Noir17 at Jul 5, 2009,
too much writing and also i think its the wrong forum but anyways
i dont exaclty get your querstion.

|---9b==(9)r-------7----7------------------------------------7------------------------------------------------------------------------
|-----------------------10--10b---------10p7-------------7-------10p7-------------------------------
|--------------------------------------------------9--9b11------------------9-9bp7---9-7--------------
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------9-----9-7-----------------
|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------9-8-7s5--5----
|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------7------

i usually play the solo like this
and if if you dont rake at the part where there a 7 on b string and another 7 at the e string your timings going to be off