Here is what I have got so far

Verse: Am G

Chorus: Am G F
Am G F E

My structure is Verse-Chorus-Verse-Chorus-Bridge-Chorus

I just need some ideas for chords for the bridge, anybody got any suggestions?

Thanks a lot
Modulate to C, Em or A. Then do the last chorus a semitone up from that.

eg. Chorus (Am G F E7) - Bridge (A F#m Bm E A F7) - Chorus (Bbm Ab Gb F7) - (Bbm)
Last edited by blue_strat at Jul 6, 2009,
Yeh I like the idea of the last chorus a semitone up definitely!! Any other ideas for the bridge?
It's the oldest and worst "trick" in the book (if you can even call it that). Honestly, it can ruin the best songs. The only point of it is to drag a song on for another 30 or so seconds. The song is obviously over, and the only point of it is to make the song longer. It just recycles another part of the song in a completely pointless way. Just... don't.
Quote by timeconsumer09
It's the oldest and worst "trick" in the book (if you can even call it that). Honestly, it can ruin the best songs. The only point of it is to drag a song on for another 30 or so seconds. The song is obviously over, and the only point of it is to make the song longer. It just recycles another part of the song in a completely pointless way. Just... don't.

Cheesy outros ftw.
I think you want something in Am, C, G or Em

Pick one.

This is your tonic chord. Congratulations. End this section with this chord.

Then, find the chord that's 7 semitones higher (or 5 semitones lower, whatever) than the chord you picked. Make this chord either a major chord or a dominant seventh chord.

This is your dominant chord (same name as a dominant seventh, different meaning). Use this chord immediately before the tonic chord.

Congratulations, you have now established tonality. May your days of writing tonally be long and fruitful.

Then find a chord that sounds nice between your tonic chord and your dominant chord. I would explain predominants to you, but I cbf. I'm lazy, it's not my fault.
        |\
[U]        | |                     [/U]
[U]        |/     .-.              [/U]
[U]       /|_     `-’       |      [/U]
[U]      //| \      |       |      [/U]
[U]     | \|_ |     |     .-|      [/U]
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.