Title says it all, why should and shouldn't i buy one? I've been playing for a year and i don't know much about pedals and how they affect you're tone because i hear they can change you're tone signifigantly (from what i hear in a bad way).
You shouldn't buy an ME-70 because you already have a modeling amp with most, if not all, of the effects on the ME-70 already on it.

You'd be better off buying the footswitch for the amp than the ME-70.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Yeah i realize i have most of the delays etc. but it's more the distortion and preamps i am looking at, are they any good? And i want stuff like the octave/harmonizer.
Buy a different amp then. Modeling amps do not sound good with distortions and other effects running through them.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Buy a different amp then. Modeling amps do not sound good with distortions and other effects running through them.

Hmm strange because my vox doesn't sound any different with the distortion through it but i guess multi effects can really screw it up, guess i'll just save up for a new amp this summer.
^You can get away with running a Distortion pedal on the clean channel most of the time. You're lucky in that you found one of the few ways you can use an FX pedal with a modeler effectively.
Quote by maowcat
Yeah i realize i have most of the delays etc. but it's more the distortion and preamps i am looking at, are they any good? And i want stuff like the octave/harmonizer.

I have the ME-50, from which the ME-70 takes the vast majority of it's COSM models and stuff. Anyway - the distortions are mostly extremely rubbish, with like one or two merely decent ones, the modulations and delays are very good, and the pedal stuff is cool. With particular reference to the pitch bend - it's one of my favourite features. Enables you to fake Floyd Rose sounds on a fixed-bridge guitar, to an extent. The pitch bend does sound quite digital when doing chords. The more extreme the pitch bend, the more digital the chords will sound. With single notes it's almost unnoticeable, but the more notes you add, the more they clash horribly due to the digital pitch bending. 5th chords are usually alright, though.

I also find that pitch bending pedals (not just the one on BOSS' multi-fx pedals, also on both stand-alone pitch bending pedals I've used) induce a very small amount of latency. I've never heard anyone else talk about this, so maybe I'm just a crazy bastard. However, I notice maybe like a couple milliseconds of lag when I engage pitch shift in either +1 octave or -1 octave. I think the logical explanation for this is that real-time pitch bending puts a lot more strain on the processor than any of the other effects do, thus the latency. However, like I said, this is the same with dedicated pitch-shifters I've tried, which just goes to show what great value the BOSS ME range of multi-fx pedals are.

In a nutshell - the distortions are rubbish, the rest of the features range from good to bitchin'. So I'd still get it, just not for the distortions.