I was wondering between buying a Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Fr or a Gibson SG of some sort.
The SG would be around $1,200 (no more). I play rock/metal through a Peavey Vypyr 75w. Thanks.
i'd say the schecter, if you're into metal. emg's are great for that. plus you get a floyd, which you pretty much never get in gibsons
Well active pickups and a solid state amp is generally not a very great combination, but the vypyr has analog distortion so it might be ok.

I suggest you try both of them because honestly the hellraiser just doesn't do it for me, especially the neck.
Quote by Pac_man0123
Well active pickups and a solid state amp is generally not a very great combination, but the vypyr has analog distortion so it might be ok.

I suggest you try both of them because honestly the hellraiser just doesn't do it for me, especially the neck.

Well I tried out the Hellraiser and the neck didn't bother me but I didn't get to try out the SG because I saw it on the way and bescause it was on sale.
Quote by Pac_man0123

Most solid state amps have analog distortion. Even Marshall MGs.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2