I want to download a programme like this but I have no money. Everyone I have ever talked to seems to have gotten it for free, but I have no idea how to you do this.
Does tuxguitar open GP files?
Last edited by GoldfishMoon at Jul 5, 2009,
You could *cough*torrent*cough* it.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

Quote by webbtje
Tux opens them. But it's rubbish.

Tux works perfectly fine.
Sending a dummy to my God.

Quote by GoldfishMoon
Why?
It works fine, but I'm sure that most people who are used to using Guitar Pro and PowerTab will find their interface too big and a bit of a hassle.

Torrents are the easiest way of getting Guitar Pro.
Quote by GoldfishMoon
Why?

Irritates me. Triplets are a bit dodgy. Also, things like this:

Spot what's wrong.
The fact that you can't see the tab?

Also, Robb Flynn, Max Cavalera, Jeff Waters, Andols Herrick and Christian Olde Wolbers ftw.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by GoldfishMoon
^Um... I dont understand a thing that is being shown?

OK, to spell it out: the interface is shit. Once you have too many tracks, it actually blocks the view of the tab. How useful.
Quote by webbtje
OK, to spell it out: the interface is shit. Once you have too many tracks, it actually blocks the view of the tab. How useful.

Guitar Pro does that too though
You can hide that fret board on Tux. I never have it showing. And why the hell do you need so many tracks? That picture is lame.
Well you definately should not torrent it.... Thats all I have to say
Quote by saxaxe
YESI love you.

Quote by Wulphy
Ever stuck their finger in their ass, just to see what it was like? I did

Quote by thewho65
My sister has a big ass
Quote by skaterskagg1
You can hide that fret board on Tux.

You still can't see much.

Quote by skaterskagg1
And why the hell do you need so many tracks?

I don't know, sweetie, because that's the number of tracks this fucking tab has?

Quote by skaterskagg1
That picture is lame.

Sorry, I wanted to get perspective and some motion blur, but I couldn't be bothered. Next time I take a screenshot I'll put little hearts round the side and some twinkly bits so it's nice and pretty for you.
Quote by webbtje
You still can't see much.

I don't know, sweetie, because that's the number of tracks this fucking tab has?

I meant, why do you need two different guitar noise tracks and so many different guitar tracks, and why are drums and symbols separate? It looks like you could combine a lot of that and get rid of half the space.
Quote by skaterskagg1
I meant, why do you need two different guitar noise tracks and so many different guitar tracks, and why are drums and symbols separate? It looks like you could combine a lot of that and get rid of half the space.

Yeah, so I spend 10 minutes copying and pasting and making sure nothing over-runs and I make sure the instrument patches are the same and I make sure that I don't forget anything and then I make sure I don't accidentally delete anything and then I magically copy the cymbals onto the drums without over-writing the drums or the cymbals and now do you see where I'm going here.

Just in case you hadn't realised this yet: I didn't write that tab. It's stupidly written. In GP I could use it normally. In tux it's sodding useless.
Last edited by webbtje at Jul 5, 2009,
dude the chances of a tab with 11 tracks is pretty slim. no reason to hate on tux. that's just stupid **** tabbing right there. get over it.
Cyanide Drip

Quote by Myfirstpubes
you're saying that everytime someone in the Pit fapped, they produced magic? Wow, we'd be in fucking Narnia by now by the Pit's rate of masturbation.

Quote by larrytheguitar
I jizzed while he gave me a lecture on using coasters.
Quote by sykohyko
dude the chances of a tab with 11 tracks is pretty slim. no reason to hate on tux. that's just stupid **** tabbing right there. get over it.

I fail to see how I am 'hating', that expression usually so liberally used against people who dislike a popular band. This is criticism. Tux has a shit interface. End of.
Woah there sorry. Didn't realize your higher intelligence had already made the final judgement on the matter. I'll crawl back into my cave now.
Cyanide Drip

Quote by Myfirstpubes
you're saying that everytime someone in the Pit fapped, they produced magic? Wow, we'd be in fucking Narnia by now by the Pit's rate of masturbation.

Quote by larrytheguitar
I jizzed while he gave me a lecture on using coasters.
Was I being patronizing? Sorry, I was aiming for being condescending.

If criticism makes me a 'hater', then I guess the guy who came up with the DVD rewinder should have paid attention to the people 'hating' on his invention more.
Last edited by webbtje at Jul 5, 2009,
Quote by webbtje
Was I being patronizing? Sorry, I was aiming for being condescending.

If criticism makes me a 'hater', then I guess the guy who came up with the DVD rewinder should have paid attention to the people 'hating' on his invention more.

Dunno why you're complaining so much about how much better Guitar Pro is.
Tux Guitar is free.. Guitar Pro is not..
I don't think you should have such high standards about a free product.
Nor should you be comparing a free product to one that costs too much money.
guyz stop fightin
dis guy want r help and u 2 r not contributing ok

Quote by qsceszxdwa
You know if you would just google something like free GP..

cough.

And then possibly get a virus because a lot of 'free' stuff online are lies.