So I'm sort of analyzing this jazz standard (if you want to call it that) to figure out the scales i could use over it. I'm doing this for clarinet because as a guitarist i would just do it by ear but i'm not at the point where i could do that with a clarinet.
Anyway the tune goes like this

(In 3/4 Key of Dminor/Fmajor)
8 bars of D-7
4 bars of G-7
4 bars of D-7
1 bar of Ab-7b5
1 bar of G7#11
1 bar of Gb7b5(#9)
1 bar of B7b5(#9)
4 bars of D-7 to end the tune

So about form I guess it's written in a standard blues chord progression (a vi to a ii and back to the vi) with the Ab, G7, Gb, B7 going to the D-7 being the turnaround. Correct me if i'm wrong.

So i figure for the D-7's to play either D blues or D natural minor
for the G-7 to play G blues or G dorian
but i'm stumped on the turnaround because the changes only last 3 beats and to switch scales that quick seems impractical not impossible just impractical.

tl;dr: what scales/modes can i use over the chord progression on the top ^ and how would you approach it?

also link to Wayne Shorter's recording: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XvJFW0DHbU
Like you said, if your working off straight scales for the D-7 and G-7

You'd play D Aeolian and G Dorian.

The first two changes G#-7b5 - G7#11

At first glance they are from two melodic minor scales

G#-7b5 is from B melodic minor

G7#11 is from D melodic minor

This is just a iim7b5 - tts/V

So play a B melodic minor lick over the G#-7b5 than move that same lick up a minor third for the G7#11 (even if its only two or three notes)

As far as the last two chords go, these chords are both altered chords so you hcord just hit chord tones or continue with this melodic minor approach

Gb7b5(#9) is from G Melodic Minor

B7b5(#9) is from C melodic minor

So for the last three chords if you want to use this approach you have melodic minor licks moving up in perfect fourths.