No-one's life should ever be this stressful. Amongst exams, university entry and all that crap along comes this.

Pretty much I decided today with my girlfriend of 3 years that before uni we should split up (i.e. this time next year), because it will be too hard to try and keep it going at the same pace and it will eventually fall apart and end up worse.

Thing is, I don't know if it will be that simple. I don't want to go through the next year knowing that it's going to be over in however many months. Should I break it off now? I know it will suck balls either way, but I just need some sort of advice, because as soon as I come up with anything to help me make a decision I have 50 million other things that make it sound terrible.

Life sucks
Suck it up. Everyone goes through the same thing. And relationships and college don't mix.
Quote by Kensai
I know a good joke:

Women's rights.
Quote by Chubbychunks
I know a good joke:

Kensai's life.
If you like her so much, stay with her, and work it out!

College isn't the end of the world, I know plenty of people who were in love and got through college.
Quote by Dimebag Dave
Suck it up. Everyone goes through the same thing. And relationships and college don't mix.

Working just fine for me, thanks.
Relationship Thread, fool. I think they're pretty helpful in there, whereas out here your first answer is from someone named Myfirstpubes
Quote by metacarpi
I'd rather post a chat up line with an escape route in case it starts going wrong.

"Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?"

*girl looks unimpressed*

"Because it looks like you landed on your face."
stop whining. you act like you're the only one ever to have any problem of any sort.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Do what's right. Don't break up if it doesn't need to happen, and if it is time, do it whenever it feels like the time to do it. It's going to suck no matter what happens, you'll live.
Oh no he just divided by zero again...*gets sucked into vortex*

Originally Posted by Sirwinston89
whoa man this is turning into the Dream Theater appreciation thread!!! If only every thread kicked this much ass!

You're welcome
Quote by blu_flame34
Relationship Thread, fool. I think they're pretty helpful in there, whereas out here your first answer is from someone named Myfirstpubes

always am
Try and keep it going for a while. I mean, if you guys are moving way too far apart for it to be even remotely feasible, then don't. But if you're both going to attend the same college or at least still be in the same county you might as well try keep it up.

Sorry to hear about it man, but life throws those shitty things at you, it's just a matter of how you deal with it.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Quote by guitarsftw
stop whining. you act like you're the only one ever to have any problem of any sort.

Oh please, get off your internet high horse you prick.

TS, stay with her. Don't make any decisions now. Wait until closer to when you go off to college, then decide. Relationships can work through college, it happens all the time. Don't listen to the stereotypes, all relationships are different.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah