So, I recently got my gallbladder taken out (last Thursday, as a matter of fact).
The surgery only took about an hour and a half, and recovery isn't terrible.
Problem is, our band has a show this Friday, and I'm wondering if i'll be able to play the guitar/sing by then.
tl;dr
Post stuff about surgeries you may have had and how the recovery went...
Last edited by tunasband at Jul 5, 2009,
didnt you ask your doctor?
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
You don't have a gallbladder? Does that mean you could accidently pee in a woman's vagina whilst having sex?
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

I had to get tubes shoved in my chest to drain excess fluids, surgery wasn't long but afterwards I had to have the tubes in for three days covered by heavy bandaging, I could only lie at an angle, if I didnt the bandages pulled the tubes sideways, the goo fluids that came out leaked into the bandaging(they where supposed to) turned the bandages yellow, stunk like ass, and made things really itchy.

I spent most of those three days drugged out.
Just play it by ear doy.
Neverender:SSTB 4/19

Goddamn this cursed iron fist. When I lose control!

[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']You, sir, win epically.
Quote by stevve
I had to get tubes shoved in my chest to drain excess fluids, surgery wasn't long but afterwards I had to have the tubes in for three days covered by heavy bandaging, I could only lie at an angle, if I didnt the bandages pulled the tubes sideways, the goo fluids that came out leaked into the bandaging(they where supposed to) turned the bandages yellow, stunk like ass, and made things really itchy.

I spent most of those three days drugged out.

That sounds like fun.
What kinda surgery did you have?
man up, pussy.

but really, ask your doctor. don't want anything bad to happen
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
See how you're feeling the night of the show...do your best. If you REALLY can't play, then don't. But chances are you'll be okay to at least get up and play, albeit not with as much stage presence as you have when you're fully healthy.
Oh no he just divided by zero again...*gets sucked into vortex*

Originally Posted by Sirwinston89
whoa man this is turning into the Dream Theater appreciation thread!!! If only every thread kicked this much ass!

You're welcome
Quote by JBizzle Da Truf
man up, pussy.

but really, ask your doctor. don't want anything bad to happen

I feel alright.
The day I got home though, I stood up twice and passed out.
Sh*t sucked.

Recovery is only 3-7 days.
Who heals that quickly!??!
I had a right-side epididemectomy, or however it's spelled. I had a tumor there.
should be good, i had to get 2 surgeries on my left lung after it collapsed. i was on percs for a week straight while in the hospital with a tube in my chest
Quote by tunasband
That sounds like fun.
What kinda surgery did you have?

You know I don't know what it was called, it wasn't a deep, or overly neccessary surgery, I just had alot of extra fluid in the chest and they drained it.

Very unpleasent.
Quote by stevve
You know I don't know what it was called, it wasn't a deep, or overly neccessary surgery, I just had alot of extra fluid in the chest and they drained it.

Very unpleasent.

Yeah, that sounds like it sucked.
I've been constipated since the surgery too QQ
That's not very much fun at all.
not really, i was on vicodin the entire time. I was also laying down 75 percent of the time, and sitting 20 percent. the standing was rather painful, with the weight and all...*shudders*
Quote by tunasband
Yeah, that sounds like it sucked.
I've been constipated since the surgery too QQ
That's not very much fun at all.

I had a jaw operation
Had to live on liquids for a while
and found it very difficult to play guitar without drooling on it
Oh **** I gotta do vibrato
Quote by Salmon86
I had a jaw operation
Had to live on liquids for a while
and found it very difficult to play guitar without drooling on it

That sucks, my mom had something like that, but it wasn't a wiring, and they botched it, she now has a hole in the inside of her cheek, I guess it's really painful, all the time.
Screws in my left ankle. Knee surgery. Broken rib about to puncture my lung. Back surgery.

All this from a guy who barely does any physical activity besides fixing stuff and fapping.
Quote by stevve
That sucks, my mom had something like that, but it wasn't a wiring, and they botched it, she now has a hole in the inside of her cheek, I guess it's really painful, all the time.

tbh, the worst part was the raisin sized blood clots that built up in my nose
Quote by Salmon86
tbh, the worst part was the raisin sized blood clots that built up in my nose

That sounds terrible.
Quote by stevve
That sounds terrible.

Yea, but the first day i got home from the hospital i saw some 12yo girl on tv that spent 8 of her christmas' in hospital and needed a double lung transplant
Totally 1-upped me
Quote by Salmon86
Yea, but the first day i got home from the hospital i saw some 12yo girl on tv that spent 8 of her christmas' in hospital and needed a double lung transplant
Totally 1-upped me

Ya, true.
i had a surgery in my leg and the pain afterwards was so intense that i started living off of pain meds. now i'm completely addicted.

as for the gallbladder thing, iunno how risky it would be but i doubt it'd be that bad. all it does is store bile, the only difference now is the bile will go straight form your liver into your intenstine. and nothing wrong with emulsified fat in your poop.
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
Quote by Wesseem
i had a surgery in my leg and the pain afterwards was so intense that i started living off of pain meds. now i'm completely addicted.

as for the gallbladder thing, iunno how risky it would be but i doubt it'd be that bad. all it does is store bile, the only difference now is the bile will go straight form your liver into your intenstine. and nothing wrong with emulsified fat in your poop.

I'm thinking I'll just experience discomfort up on stage, but it's only half an hour. I'm sure I'll manage. I tried carrying my guitar on it's strap, wearing it, but that was a bit uncomfortable. They fill you up with CO2 gas, and there's still plenty of it in my system.
My stomach is all distended and stuff.
Quote by tunasband
I'm thinking I'll just experience discomfort up on stage, but it's only half an hour. I'm sure I'll manage. I tried carrying my guitar on it's strap, wearing it, but that was a bit uncomfortable. They fill you up with CO2 gas, and there's still plenty of it in my system.
My stomach is all distended and stuff.

i guess the only advice i can give from my (limited) knowledge of this is to avoid eating anything with alot of (or any) cholesterol, fat or especially fiber before you play. since these will warrant for the synthesis of bile and last thing you need to do is piss off your body before it has fully healed.
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
Quote by Wesseem
i guess the only advice i can give from my (limited) knowledge of this is to avoid eating anything with alot of (or any) cholesterol, fat or especially fiber before you play. since these will warrant for the synthesis of bile and last thing you need to do is piss off your body before it has fully healed.

I'll take your advice on that one.
Hope the show goes well, all I can say.
Got my appendix out like 2 years ago and had a pus filled abcess thing cut off my eardrum a week ago. Great fun, in the case of the appendix they thought they used disolvable stitching which would dissolve within 3-4 weeks. They had used normal stitching.

6 months later I got pissed off and ripped the knots at either end out in the shower.

My stomach was pissing blood for a few hours
Quote by CLVPX
Got my appendix out like 2 years ago and had a pus filled abcess thing cut off my eardrum a week ago. Great fun, in the case of the appendix they thought they used disolvable stitching which would dissolve within 3-4 weeks. They had used normal stitching.

6 months later I got pissed off and ripped the knots at either end out in the shower.

My stomach was pissing blood for a few hours

D:
2 or 3 years ago, right before my Grade 9 or 8 exams, I had to have surgery, because I had a double hydrocele. Painful, painful recovery... -_-

Last year, just after exams, I had my wisdom teeth taken out. There was so much blood, and I wasnt allowed to spit or swallow it.