So, I'm planning a trip to New York City in about two weeks and I was wondering if anybody knew of any cool non-touristy places/activities to do while there. Any suggestions?
Somewhere where you won't get shot or eaten by roaches.

See the post above me for a place you shouldn't go to.
Quote by kwidjibo1
oh really? i didnt know children of bodom were better than a band far more famous and popular than them, cheers for the update

Quote by Mr.Maccy
Your from the states. I end my case.
Ground Zero?
Neverender:SSTB 4/19

Goddamn this cursed iron fist. When I lose control!

[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']You, sir, win epically.
you cant go in the Statue of Liberty without a reservation anymore. so reserve!

btw.... New York is a tourist trap so sorry.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
When having sex i realise my penis is of small nature.

Quote by Demon Wolf
I got a similar thing from playing too much Pokemon.

Magikarpal tunnel.
Last edited by slipmaggot93 at Jul 5, 2009,
Check out the old coffee shops and clubs in Greenwich Village. Cooperstown is touristy but it's a fun day trip or overnighter.
DALAI LAMA OF ZEPPELINISM

Quote by Kartman

I look up to you now. I'm serious, I have more respect for you than most Ugers!
^What he said. Always a good time.

SoHo, Greenwich village. Union Square park is an interesting place with some interesting people.... just sit there and watch. There's a cool store called Jack's Vintage that's pretty unknown as far as I know. It's on Park avenue somewhere between 29th-39th street. If you want to be annoyed by a bunch of asians looking up and taking pictures, go to Times Square. Otherwise, don't go there unless you really have to.
Quote by JewMasatFlex
astepabove for president?

Wanna buy a duck?
check out the twi--- oh shiii nevermind.

go to some cool jazz bars in the theatre district.
Quote by Shyne
check out the twi--- oh shiii nevermind.

go to some cool jazz bars in the theatre district.

They weren't that exciting anyway...

You could look for the cash cab.
Quote by JewMasatFlex
astepabove for president?

Wanna buy a duck?
one sec, I have a huge post on this..

Quote by One on Sunday
well for bargains and cheap knockoffs of designer bags/shirts/belts/sunglaasses or w/e go to China Town. its a nice place to go clothes shopping. also, there are flea markets around in different places at different times so you can find out if there are any while youre there and buy some little things here and there.

guitar shops -- sadly all we have is guitar center and sam ash. there is a semi big guitar shop called 30th street guitars on 30th street, but i've never been there.

see a broadway show.

take a run in central park. its huge and there are some places that are absolutely stunning. and usually not that crowded (only some places where there are teams practicing soccer or baseball)

walk in times square at night. its super crowded, but famous for its lights and signs.

go to the bronx zoo. its like half an hour from the city but i think its the biggest zoo in the country. pretty cool

museum of natural history

there are some nice beaches, such as coney island

if youre into seafood, it might be a 45 minute drive from the city or so, but go to City Island. its filled with restaurants of GREAT seafood. might be a little crowded on the weekends

and you can chill with me in the bronx . nah, jk, i dont wanna get raped by someone i met on the internet.

if i remember anything more, i'll post here again. NY is great

Also, find food carts in the streets of Manhattan labelled Nuts 4 Nuts, or anything like that. A bag is two bucks, but totally worth it in my opinion. They taste sooo good. Can't leave NY without having a taste.

Have a good trip
Last edited by One on Sunday at Jul 5, 2009,
hahah dude i went to NYC a few weeks ago with my friends without telling our parents and we got away with it :P we're fourteen and live in jersey. we hit mcdonald's, whitecastle, then left.
Quote by skittle_eater
hahah dude i went to NYC a few weeks ago with my friends without telling our parents and we got away with it :P we're fourteen and live in jersey. we hit mcdonald's, whitecastle, then left.

You went to a different state without telling your parents......for fast food?
Firefly > You

Trumpet Alliance
the bronx zoo is MASSIVE (you couldnt see it all in one day if you tried) and there are some good art/natural history museums although they are very touristy. the good part about the museums is that most are only a suggested donation to get in so it turns out to be pretty cheap to go to.

make sure you get some pizza. dont go to any chain place, you want a mom & pop restaurant. i might be biased being from new york, but pizza from the city is like no other. plain cheese is my favorite and i always top it with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
if you like punk hit up the joe strummer wall.
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL