How much does this thing cost, i've searched around but it seems no websites sell it, i am going to make trip down to my local music stores and try some mesa's out but i've been looking at vids on youtube and the tone is amazing i absolutely love it and i'm gonna save up the money to buy one even if it takes me a year (i'm 15 and i go to a self paced school which requires much more work than a normal school so not much time for a job) but i wanna know the price first and if there is one for a cheaper price that sounds similar to it please tell me. I've decided that i'm gonna ditch the whole versatile amp thing and go with a high quality amp with a great tone and buy crap for my vox to fiddle around with. Once again Cheers
And buy they way i have played these before so don't say that i shouldn't assume it's a good amp and i wanna buy it before i save up the money because i know i like these amps, i just need to go test them out again. Oh and the reason i'm not looking at the prices at my local stores is because they are rip offs and i could get them for cheaper somewhere else.
Man, you've made like 23408204 threads on this.

And the Mark series amps are actually rather versatile, in my opinion. They're not just amps for br00t4l chugga-chugga. Santana uses a Mark I, for instance... and the Mark V has the Mark I's circuitry for one of its modes. Also, the Mark V runs at about $2000 new.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
The Mark IV I've heard is an incredibly versatile amp, just not a modeling amp with effects but it can still hit a bunch of tones.

I think they go at least 1000 bucks plus in the U.S. used, usually around 1200.

They are discontinuted so you'll have to go used.

And by crap for your Vox do you mean pedals? I suggest that if you get a Mark IV the only real use for that amp would be for practice and such, but even then its the 50 watt one, so if I were you I'd sell it to build up funds for the Mesa.

Lastly, try out as many amps as you can when you go to your music stores and try to soak up as much amp knowledge as you can through here, it really helps.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
the Mark V is all the Marks put into one.
it costs 2000 USD NEW.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by Raijouta
Man, you've made like 23408204 threads on this.

And the Mark series amps are actually rather versatile, in my opinion. They're not just amps for br00t4l chugga-chugga. Santana uses a Mark I, for instance... and the Mark V has the Mark I's circuitry for one of its modes. Also, the Mark V runs at about $2000 new.

Thanks and i've made 3 in the last 24 hours lol:P
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
the Mark V is all the Marks put into one.
it costs 2000 USD NEW.

damn that's alot lol thanks
Quote by acdclandon
The Mark IV I've heard is an incredibly versatile amp, just not a modeling amp with effects but it can still hit a bunch of tones.

And by crap for your Vox do you mean pedals? I suggest that if you get a Mark IV the only real use for that amp would be for practice and such, but even then its the 50 watt one, so if I were you I'd sell it to build up funds for the Mesa.

Lastly, try out as many amps as you can when you go to your music stores and try to soak up as much amp knowledge as you can through here, it really helps.

Ok thanks i see what you mean by there isn't a point in keeping the vox but i would probably use it for my band because my friend can't bring his amp so he'd use mine because my dads isn't that great (and i won't get much money for it either).
Isn't the Mark V the one you have to buy directly from Mesa?
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by jambi_mantra

not anymore.
there are some dealers selling them
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by acdclandon

Mark IV usually go for at least 1400 if not more used USD.

But then agian the Mark V pretty much is the Mark IV. plus the lonestars clean channel. plus the Mark I. Plus the Mark IIC+. Plus a ridiculous amount of tweakability and an 8(?) button footswitch.
Sig What?
Quote by jambi_mantra

it depends if you can find one in a store or not. the marks seem more of a 'specialty' item you'd find at a typical big store. i had to buy my IV directly, but one store around me was selling the combo new for $1950.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Last edited by UnsignedRecords at Jul 5, 2009,
Be sure to buy a cab awesome enough for a Mark V. I would suggest a Vader or Avatar cab, or a Recto 2x12 cab.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
I haven't played the Mark IV or any other Mark except for the new Mark V. I wasn't too impressed, it definitely sounds awesome and such, but it took a ton of tweaking to dial in your tones, and it was pretty overpriced for how good it was. Awesome features though.

EDIT:

Quote by wolfy808
Be sure to buy a cab awesome enough for a Mark V. I would suggest a Vader or Avatar cab, or a Recto 2x12 cab.

+1, you'll have to figure that into your budget if you're getting a head.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Last edited by acdclandon at Jul 5, 2009,
Quote by acdclandon
I haven't played the Mark IV or any other Mark except for the new Mark V. I wasn't too impressed, it definitely sounds awesome and such, but it took a ton of tweaking to dial in your tones, and it was pretty overpriced for how good it was. Awesome features though.

EDIT:

+1, you'll have to figure that into your budget if you're getting a head.

Hate to go off-topic, here, but that's the sexiest avatar ever.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
Quote by wolfy808
Hate to go off-topic, here, but that's the sexiest avatar ever.

I'm a completely heterosexual male and I must agree thats why I picked it.
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE