I lol'd.

NEW YORK – A New York Police Department rookie just couldn't wait to get started. One of the NYPD's newest officers made his first arrest Thursday just minutes after graduating from the Police Academy in a ceremony at Madison Square Garden. Officer Dariel Firpo, 23, was leaving the midtown Manhattan ceremony when he saw a 79-year-old man being robbed of his wallet and thrown to the ground by a mugger, police said. The mugger tried to run away, but Firpo caught him without incident, they said. "Officer Firpo made us all proud," police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said. "He's off to a great start." The man Firpo arrested, Jeffrey Grant, was being charged with robbery. Grant, 47, has 48 previous arrests and was just released last week from Sing Sing Correctional Facility in Ossining, N.Y., after serving time for a robbery conviction, police said. Grant, of Manhattan, was in custody late Thursday and couldn't be contacted. The name of his attorney wasn't yet on record. The mugging victim was treated at a hospital for a broken wrist. Firpo's feat "may be the fastest police action upon graduation in department history," said chief police spokesman Paul Browne, who was at the graduation ceremony for the class of 250 new officers. Firpo, who graduated from Lehman College in January with a degree in political science, said he wants to focus on community affairs while working in the nation's biggest police department. "I'm really trying to stick in the community," he said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090703/ap_on_fe_st/us_odd_rookie_arrest
48 previous arrests? I think he needs to find another source of income...
Feed your mind.
Quote by news
Grant, 47, has 48 previous arrests and was just released last week from Sing Sing Correctional Facility in Ossining, N.Y., after serving time for a robbery conviction, police said.

But thats like catching a circle-pokemon.
DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??
Quote by bendystraw
That should reduce the hazing a bit.

haha true.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by Dirge Humani
Whoopdee-fricking-doo. He did his job. It's not like he actively tried to fight crime, he happened to witness a mugging.

+1
He was just in the right place at the right time. And he happened to just be getting out of his graduation. Nothing special.
Quote by Dirge Humani
Whoopdee-fricking-doo. He did his job. It's not like he actively tried to fight crime, he happened to witness a mugging.

I know, I mean, arresting someone? How useless, he should think of better ways to fight crime. Next time he should just let muggers get away with it, that would be far more effective.

The young copper is like that annoyingly keen girl in class.
Last edited by webbtje at Jul 5, 2009,
Quote by Dirge Humani

someone's bitter
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
I think this article brings up a more important question: why the **** does that mugger keep getting released?
Guitar Player Since April 12th, 2005.
Guitar of Choice: Schecter S-1 Elite
Proud of His Two Warnings
Quote by Seither2k
I think this article brings up a more important question: why the **** does that mugger keep getting released?

yeah. there should be a law like "if you get arrested 20 times, you get killed because you have proved 20 times that you're useless as a part of society and as a part of a criminal organization"
not actually death, but something worse should happen to anyone with ten or twenty previous arrests
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Why did you lol? That's a very nice accomplishment.
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
Quote by Seither2k

This. Honestly, police god.
I drink your milkshake.
actually i'm not surprised he's been caught 48 times. think about it, after being caught maybe 5 times he realized "hey...i keep getting released by these retarded officers so i might as well keep on doing what i do since i'll just get released a day or two later. basically free rent for a day or two and a steady income from stealing"

he probably just doesn't care cause he knows he'll just be free in no time anyways
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
Quote by Jacob6293
Why did you lol? That's a very nice accomplishment.

I didn't lol cause it was bad, I lol'd because he made his first arrest within mins of graduating.
everyone who said it doesn't matter, clearly has no goal in life. this guy just made an incredible organization and made good on his membership within moments. **** you guys
'never a victim,' the role model said,
bang-bang, the bad guy is dead,
always a rockstar on eMpty TV,
the lesson complete, now the child has needs.
Quote by TempoTantrum
everyone who said it doesn't matter, clearly has no goal in life. this guy just made an incredible organization and made good on his membership within moments. **** you guys

That means we need to have news stories like, " Carpenter nails his first nail perfectly", "Plumber unclogs toilet successfully on his first ever attempt", etc...

The point is he is a cop and he did his job. That is commendable, but is it really worthy of a news article ?
Quote by blynd_snyper
yes we all need answers to xboys questions hurry up goddam it

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

Founder And Member Of The " I Don't Masturbate Club "

TURNED 18 TODAY !!! (22/02)
Quote by X-Boy
That means we need to have news stories like, " Carpenter nails his first nail perfectly", "Plumber unclogs toilet successfully on his first ever attempt", etc...

The point is he is a cop and he did his job. That is commendable, but is it really worthy of a news article ?

Not as commendable, I guess, as a plumber making the world a better place by unclogging a toilet.
Guitar Player Since April 12th, 2005.
Guitar of Choice: Schecter S-1 Elite
Proud of His Two Warnings