I just tried out this effects pedal with my amp, now when I have the switch on my guitar in the upwards position I only get a very faint sound, the other two work fine. I fooled around with it a bit but I cant get any sense to it, lil help?
I'm trying it now without the pedal, actually someone had just dropped by and let me try it out because they want to trade it to me for the amp. I have the guitar directly plugged into the amp.
I had a similar problem before, the input connection on the guitar was loose and I had it tightened up, it hasn't been loose since, but this just happened after I had tried the pedal so I'm wondering if theres something I can do, I'm no pro but just the circumstances leads me to believe its not wiring.
if it's not working without the fx pedal than it is nothing to do with the fx pedal. probably the loose jack problem you mentioned recurring.
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
Do you have a 3-way switch? Those can go bad after awhile, because the metal contact for one pickup gets bent too much, thereby cutting that pickup out sometimes.
Quote by codo27
I'm trying it now without the pedal, actually someone had just dropped by and let me try it out because they want to trade it to me for the amp. I have the guitar directly plugged into the amp.
I had a similar problem before, the input connection on the guitar was loose and I had it tightened up, it hasn't been loose since, but this just happened after I had tried the pedal so I'm wondering if theres something I can do, I'm no pro but just the circumstances leads me to believe its not wiring.

are you saying that it happens even when directly connected to amp?

if that's the case, and even if it's only happening intermittently, it's probably a dirty switch. (like said)

a lot of times it can be fixed by blowing compressed air from a can into the switch while flicking it.

additionally, dont tighten the jack unless you hold it from the inside and the outside, or you will spin the jack and rip off the wires inside.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Its not a huge deal because I still have functionality out of two out of the 3 levels, but its the one thats ****ed up that I usually use. I'm gonna carry it over to the dealer or my guitar pro buddy and let them have a look at it some time this week. I play the thing every day, so I need it fixed fast. I'm gonna have to start learning about this kinda stuff myself.
then read my post.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011