im sorry if theres already a thread on this but

My xbox360 is screwing up. when i turn it on its all fine and great but after about a minute or so it just completely freezes and you have to turn it off to get it working.

i called gamestop but their not open. is this something i can fix or would i have to take it to gamestop?
Quote by runx2xthehills

i called gamestop but their not open. is this something i can fix or would i have to take it to gamestop?

Would it kill you to wait till Monday morning?

Gaming thread.
Yeah seriously, call Gamestop when they're open.
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards
Quote by ncm414
probably the beginning stages of RRoD.

Probably...
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I suggest you select the least popular of the woman-creatures, and fart directly in her face.
smash it.
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
Ya your going to get the RRoD mine just did that. If after a while your screen starts looking all weird then your getting the RRoD but if you send it in they will fix it or send you a new one for free
Quote by Xeus
my friend raps his up in towels and leaves it on for a few hours. To me it sounds horribly bad for the system, but it gets results
This will work. if you just get it so hot it overheats itsself it will fix it. But only for a while. The best thing to do is just send it in.
Quote by ncm414
probably the beginning stages of RRoD.

ive gotten the RRoD a few times before but it didnt freeze up or anything. i guess ill just take it in.
1-800-4MY-XBOX
It may take you a while to talk to a human, but you may as well give it a try
sig
Quote by jaket333
1-800-4MY-XBOX
It may take you a while to talk to a human, but you may as well give it a try

When it gives you options for what you want to do, say "Speak to a representative" say it a few times but it will eventually recognize what you're saying and give you to an incompetent underpaid Indian worker. Good luck from there.
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
Quote by LegsOnEarth
Wait 5 hours
Be accused by the promoter of being late
Get told we have only a 10 minute set
Play pure noise for 10 minutes

Worst and most amusing gig of my life.

Anyone else had this kind of **** happen?!

Dimebag had a worse gig.
Quote by Xeus
my friend raps his up in towels and leaves it on for a few hours. To me it sounds horribly bad for the system, but it gets results

Do not do this to your system unless you want it to be completely bricked in a few weeks. Call gamestop next time they're open and take it in and see if you can get it replaced, if not call M$ and have them do it, and if that fails take it to a local shop to get it fixed, from what I've read game stores all over are starting to fix them for rather cheap.