Trying to make my mind on 5 watts all-tubes guitar amps.

My goal is to pay the less amount of money possible. Can only buy on this website.

http://www.axemusic.com/product.asp?numRecordPosition=12&P_ID=17263&PT_ID=44

http://www.axemusic.com/product.asp?numRecordPosition=24&P_ID=14330&PT_ID=44

I play a little bit of blues (want to learn more), alternative rock and punk/pop-rock.

I will be using a distortion pedal like the ds1 or procorat and maybe an overdrive pedal like ibanez ts9.

Will the small speakers handle those stomp boxes ?
For blues, it should suffice. As for rock and punk, it might be a little too muddy, but if you don't mind a little muddiness then it would do fine. Also, for gigs, mic'ing would be a priority.

¦ Epiphone Sheraton II ¦ GFS Mean 90s ¦ Ampeg J-20 ¦
¦ Fulltone OCD ¦ MXR 6-Band EQ ¦ Behringer Chorus ¦ Artec Analog Delay ¦ EHX Holy Grail ¦
What is muddy tone ?

Like no matter what settings I have, it will always sound quite the same ?
Muddiness means that your tone is generally unclear and "thick", much like the substance it draws its name from...
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by TinyJimbo
What is muddy tone ?

Like no matter what settings I have, it will always sound quite the same ?

Different settings will be noticable, just don't dime the gain or note definition will be lost and it'll sound all squishy. In a bad way.

¦ Epiphone Sheraton II ¦ GFS Mean 90s ¦ Ampeg J-20 ¦
¦ Fulltone OCD ¦ MXR 6-Band EQ ¦ Behringer Chorus ¦ Artec Analog Delay ¦ EHX Holy Grail ¦
first off whats your budget?

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

I wouldn't get either of those until I test played one of these....

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-VibroChamp-XD-120V-Guitar-Combo?sku=483069#new

The reason I say that is because I have a number of tube amps including a Valve Jr and cab (had the combo too). But I recently bought the Super Champ XD, which has the same voice and fx features of the Vibro Champ. The Super Champ is 15 watts (2 x 6V6 tubes) and the Vibro is 5 watts (1 x 6V6 ). IMO the onboard voicing is a good as most any distortion pedal or amp modeling I've used, and the delay, reverb, chorus, tremolo, and vibratone fx all sound very nice. It's uses a 12ax7 preamp feeding a 6V6 power amp and has the nice punch you expect from a tube amp.

I haven't used the Vibro but I expect it's just a scaled down version of the Super.
I've played the vibro champ, very nice little practice amp.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by GreenDay0013
haha.. wow. i just posted the exact same thread a few days ago..

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1155358
and we both like Green Day..

thats not a coincidence..

Haha Greenday is AWESOME! I went and saw them live last night
That amp would be a good amp for you.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Quote by jc349
Haha Greenday is AWESOME! I went and saw them live last night
That amp would be a good amp for you.

Why didnt you tell me i woulda walked there! hahah
Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogany

Epiphone Les Paul Goldtop with Seymour Duncan Alnico II's

Seagull 25th anniversary Mahogany Edition

Crate GT65

Digitech Metal Master

Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Quote by fly135
I wouldn't get either of those until I test played one of these....

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-VibroChamp-XD-120V-Guitar-Combo?sku=483069#new

The reason I say that is because I have a number of tube amps including a Valve Jr and cab (had the combo too). But I recently bought the Super Champ XD, which has the same voice and fx features of the Vibro Champ. The Super Champ is 15 watts (2 x 6V6 tubes) and the Vibro is 5 watts (1 x 6V6 ). IMO the onboard voicing is a good as most any distortion pedal or amp modeling I've used, and the delay, reverb, chorus, tremolo, and vibratone fx all sound very nice. It's uses a 12ax7 preamp feeding a 6V6 power amp and has the nice punch you expect from a tube amp.

I haven't used the Vibro but I expect it's just a scaled down version of the Super.

i second that, i have a vibro champ and i love it. i mainly use the tweed channel on it. great for blues. i use one of the lead voices and crank the hell out of the amp when my and my friends play overdriven green day and blink 182 stuff. i also heard that the vibro champ is almost all tube and the super champ is only half tube. all in all i would deff buy a vibro
Quote by travs2448
is the puppy solid state or tube?

Quote by diceksox1809
solid state. when she screams it pisses me off

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
Dimebag had s*** tone and that guitar plays like an abortion. Come at me, bro!

Quote by jpatan
It's because Garth Brooks brings the ****in' br00tz.
Quote by travs2448
.i also heard that the vibro champ is almost all tube and the super champ is only half tube. all in all i would deff buy a vibro
Not true. Both amps have the same SS voicing front end. So technically speaking the Vibro is less than half the tube amp compared to the SCXD that uses one more power tube and the Vibro only used 1/2 the 12AX7. The SCXD uses the other half as a phase inverter. I wouldn't put it that way but I guess you could win a bet with that logic. The schematics are freely available at Fender.com.

I would only choose the Vibro for money reasons. Although some might make the argument that you can push the class A 6V6 harder for tone, and not blow out your ears while practicing.