I hereby declare this thread the official "I want to sound like Orgy!" thread.....

Okay, first things first. We all know, or should know, the signature sound of Orgy's guitarists. Other bands that use this style would be Deadsy and Videodrone. But mainly, the sound is attributed to Orgy.
I was a little curious as to how this sound can be obtained and asked my fellow UGers. What I got was "The Offical" set-up for non other than Amir Derakh of Orgy. This can be viewed just below:

Now, I'm going to assume that you don't feel like applying for bankruptcy. With that being said, you probably aren't going to own this sweet set-up. But I'm sure that if you were really, really dedicated...you could get your grubby hands on anything you damn well please, including the aforementioned "sweet set-up".

So...here is how this is going to work [for now]. We, the community at UG, are going to experiment on "less costly" ways to achieve similar sounds. It would help if you are actually a fan of Orgy, but any help will be taken. I am somewhat of a at guitars, but I do know my music. Just post a new "discovery" if you find one. I'll be glad to update and post said "discovery".

I look forward to helping to make UG a stronger community, and in the long run, a community that can show you how to sound like Orgy! [without breaking the bank]
Kudos go out to dudey5691 for the link to the diagram.

Update 7-11-09:

Equipment used: Marshall MG-DFX + Digitech Metal Master

This one is simple. If you turn the "contour" knob all the way down your amp and crank up the "morph" on the Metal Master, you can get a very decent synth-ish sound. If you don't have a contour knob on your amp....I suppose mid could work as well. It all depends, try it out.
And I think this goes without saying, but down tuning also helps out a lot. I usually play in Dropped D and standard. But without the depth, I didn't really hear the difference as well. A tuning closer to Korn's [A D G C F a d] would be very suitable [given you own a 7 - string]. If not there is always Slipknot's Dropped B .
Last edited by EnDZYm3 at Jul 11, 2009,
Thanks man, I'll check it out. To everyone else, I'm still open to responses. If you know of any tech...I'm still listening.

lol, it may be unnecessary XD.
Last edited by EnDZYm3 at Jul 6, 2009,
I have a 45 watt Marshall DFX amp from Guitar Center. It's from the MG series.
Well, you'll usually wanna start with a nice dinner at an Italian restaurant. Have some wine and.......

......O, you meant the band. icwutudidther
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
Well, you'll usually wanna start with a nice dinner at an Italian restaurant. Have some wine and.......

......O, you meant the band. icwutudidther

rofl
Well, seeing as how there is no official thread for this, I'll re-post the updates soon and make it official. I don't know if I have that power, but I haven't seen anyone else do it so [insert foul word] it.