Well exactly what the title states.

The guitar (when I got it) was pretty OKAY. But the intonation SUCKED. The lowest action you could get out of it was causing fret buzz and when you brought it back up until the fret buzz was gone, you've nearly unscrewed the entire bridge.

The pickups - atrocious. The absolute worst (not as bad as stock epiphone pickups) but pretty bad. I have stock pickups in my RG350DX and they aren't that bad but THESE are horrible

My Question - Should I even bother with this thing?

I really want a solid seven string, should I spend the money to get it professionally setup and buy new pickups for it? What other modifications can I add to it? What are the best pickups for 7-string death metal?

Thanks,

Fellow; CoB, Scar Symmetry, Soilwork, Trivium, Daath, Unearth, etc fan.
its worth it unless you really want another guitar
and for the price of a set up and pups you'd only have about 250$ not a whole lot.
Why not?

Just get it professionally set up I'm not sure about the new pickups but a good set-up couldn't do anything bad to it.

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

i've played a few RG7321 and they are very solid 7 strings for the price. you probably just don't know how to properly set it up. or maybe your's is a lemon
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
What much more can getting it professionally set up do? The only string buzzing is the Low B. the rest is thing, it's just a very weak guitar electronically
The things you're complaining about aren't permanent problems. Just take the guitar to a competent tech and they should be able to set it up perfectly.
Quote by T!AN
The things you're complaining about aren't permanent problems. Just take the guitar to a competent tech and they should be able to set it up perfectly.

note this usually doesn't mean guitar center, try to find an old timer whos been playing for years, they'll typically do it better than your run of the mill 17 year old "no sir you need a spider" GC employee
Competent tech? Meh how much does a normal setup cost anyway, and do they rewire the pickups too?
your pickups probably dont need rewired unless they aren't working at all or you get alot of feedback or it cuts in and out. Not sure about the setup there are people who'll do it for nothing, I'm pretty sure you could find a friend or someone who knows how to do it. If not it shouldn't cost any more than 50$
Quote by nefootball80
Competent tech? Meh how much does a normal setup cost anyway, and do they rewire the pickups too?

Rewiring isn't necessary unless there's a bad connection.

A full setup can cost anywhere from $30 - $100 depending on where you get it done and how good the person is. If someone is a well known tech their prices will likely be higher, but you know you're going to get back a guitar with a killer setup. There are people out there who will only charge $20 and will do as good of a job as someone who charges $100 but they're pretty hard to find.

The best way to find a good tech is by word of mouth. Ask some friends who a good professional tech is around town. Don't just get some random buddy to do it, because just because someone calls themselves a tech doesn't actually mean they know what they are doing.
The local guitar store near me does complete setups (intonation, fret filing, action, truss rod, polishing, taking out and cleaning all the electronics and putting it all back together nice and clean) for about $100 I believe.
Quote by nefootball80
What much more can getting it professionally set up do? The only string buzzing is the Low B. the rest is thing, it's just a very weak guitar electronically

Professional setup will get rid of that buzz, give the guitar great action, and when you get some new pickups, VOILA! Problems solved
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores