8 string bass, tuned to fifths, I'm thinking about making an 8 stringer here soon, but I thought I should run this through you guys. Anyone done this before and have recs on string gauges? any building tips?
no. do an 10 string guitar. the 4 top strings shall be the bass. the bottom six shall be guitar
Quote by kurtebirdi
8 string bass, tuned to fifths, I'm thinking about making an 8 stringer here soon, but I thought I should run this through you guys. Anyone done this before and have recs on string gauges? any building tips?
That's a hell of a range. What pitches will you tune to? What's the scale length. This makes a big difference when choosing string gauge.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
well i was thinking 34 in scale or something close to that anyway, basically your typical 8 string with thicker than usual every other string, probably standard, maybe dropped to D standard. I almost want to put a FR on this just to be obnoxious
wait, im confused, 8 individual strings or 4 with the 4 over tones?
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson