Poll Options
View poll results: Was justice brought?
Yes
14 11%
No
108 89%
Voters: 122.
Page 1 of 3
Prosecutors say Drew sought to humiliate Megan by helping create a fictitious teen boy on the social networking site and sending flirtatious messages to the girl in his name. The fake boy then dumped Megan in a message saying the world would be better without her.

She hanged herself a short time later in October 2006 in the St. Louis suburb of Dardenne Prairie, Mo.

That's just awful. It's just sickening to me that an actual adult was even involved in this. No, this isn't justice at all.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by maXterbat0r
Bitch should be forced to commit suicide.

holy ****. Thats br00tal. yet appropriate.
she shouldnt have killed herself of that, but it was still a terrible thing for them to do to her
Quote by MusicalMinority
The longer I live, the less sense the world makes...

+ 5,000,000
Quote by werty22
P0nx don't even play instruments. P0nx sold their instruments for booze money. And they sold their booze for heroin money.

Mesa Gear Fund- $350/ $2,000
Anyone know why she was only charged with violating the terms of contract w/ Myspace and for illegally accessing computers but not anything about the girls actual death ? I only have heard summaries of the story not the details as to why that was done.
it immature, but the fact that a girl suicided over it?... she can't have been stable.
both side's where tottal morons.
justice was served in the way that, the old lady didn't mean for it to end in suicide.
but it wasn't served because, they still seemed to want to hurt her...

but really, shes linked to a death and gets charged with a computer problem?
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
Last edited by Mr.Cuddles at Jul 5, 2009,
I think a fine would of been good. She didn't do anything criminal, but her actions did directly lead to a girl's death.
Quote by MusicalMinority

This

Also, justice was not brought, but they did have a point in saying that anyone could be prosecuted from social networking sites. There should be stricter limits on these things.
Quote by MusicalMinority

musicalminority, you win.
Quote by jjennings216
i'd go gay for hendrix 128 he's fricken hillarious.

Quote by sadistic_monkey
To me, Jonas Brothers sound identical to Dragonforce. So I'm not sure what you've just proved.
Quote by antianti99
Anyone know why she was only charged with violating the terms of contract w/ Myspace and for illegally accessing computers but not anything about the girls actual death ? I only have heard summaries of the story not the details as to why that was done.
Because I don't think her intentions were to have Megan kill herself, so they were just trying to prosecute her for anything they could
I don't feel sorry for that dumb bitch at all. If she is willing to kill her self over stupid shit like that, what value is she? Even though the mom doesn't look like she did the right thing either, this shouldn't even have been brought to court; its just ridiculous.
Last edited by Andrew C. S. at Jul 5, 2009,
Quote by Andrew C. S.
I don't feel sorry for that dumb bitch at all. If she is willing to kill her self over stupid shit like that, what value is she? Even though the mom doesn't look like she did the right thing either, this shouldn't even have been brought to court; its just ridiculous.

I'm sorry, but you're a fool.

Quote by MedicreDemon
I seriously hate you assholes who call the girl dumb for committing suicide.

I couldn't agree more.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
Quote by MusicalMinority
I'm sorry, but you're a fool.

I couldn't agree more.

And how is that? Mmmm?
Quote by barden1069
what the **** is up with ts's username??? lol its awesome

sigged
Has the mother received the appropriate punishment? No. She will never be able to let down the fact she was directly involved in the death of a young girl.

Did the judge do the right thing? Yes. Who hasn't violated the service terms of some website or program? The crime she was being charged with was ridiculous, and had she been convicted, the precedent it would set would be devastating.
Quote by MedicreDemon

I agree obviously the girl felt emotionally attached to "josh" the fake boyfriend, and the break up took it's toll. The mother almost seemed to hint at suicide with the whole "world would be better without you" comment she made. I feel really sorry for the chicks parents..... The only way justice could've been brought is if the mother was prosecuted for at least aiding a suicide
Quote by werty22
P0nx don't even play instruments. P0nx sold their instruments for booze money. And they sold their booze for heroin money.

Mesa Gear Fund- $350/ $2,000
Quote by Niki (guitar)
Because I don't think her intentions were to have Megan kill herself, so they were just trying to prosecute her for anything they could

But her actions lead to the girls death. She intentionally harassed the girl to get revenge. Even actual accidents like shooting someone by mistake are punished and this was no accident , she obviously wanted to hurt the girl considering the amount of time and effort she put into this plan.
Quote by Andrew C. S.
And how is that? Mmmm?

None of your friends have ever attempted or committed suicide, have they? You're not the bipolar one here, are you? You have absolutely no idea what the circumstances are. And even if it was a rather stupid move on the girl's part, what else do you expect from teenagers? They don't know any better. And they shouldn't be victims/playtoys of sick adults. You wouldn't think that it'd be right if an adult used trickery and manipulation to mess with a child's mind, would you? Because that's exactly what happened here.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
Quote by MedicreDemon
+1

From what I read when this was posted a while ago, this girl was perfectly fine before this happened. She just crossed the old woman by not inviting her daughter to a party, or something in similar. Mom decided the best course of action was to destroy this girls life, even enlisting (not 100%) the help of one of her employees at her company. And what happens when you destroy someone's life?
Quote by antianti99
But her actions lead to the girls death. She intentionally harassed the girl to get revenge. Even actual accidents like shooting someone by mistake are punished and this was no accident , she obviously wanted to hurt the girl considering the amount of time and effort she put into this plan.
I know... did they ever say why she was so bent on revenge? Unless the girl raped her baby or something, I don't see why she had to take it so far.
I remember hearing about this happening a long time ago. I completely forgot about it.
Yeah, that bitch needs to die. Plain and simple.
You can't just hand out convictions based on emotions. They have to be lawfully rationalized.

This is why vigilante justice is the best.
Quote by Archaon
You can't just hand out convictions based on emotions. They have to be lawfully rationalized.

This is why vigilante justice is the best.

Archaon is batman. Dont **** with him.
Quote by MusicalMinority
None of your friends have ever attempted or committed suicide, have they? You're not the bipolar one here, are you? You have absolutely no idea what the circumstances are. And even if it was a rather stupid move on the girl's part, what else do you expect from teenagers? They don't know any better. And they shouldn't be victims/playtoys of sick adults. You wouldn't think that it'd be right if an adult used trickery and manipulation to mess with a child's mind, would you? Because that's exactly what happened here.

I guess you're right. I'm definitely not defending the mom for her actions; what she did was very immature. But I just think the teen's decision to commit suicide was incredibly foolish. This is where I went wrong in getting my message through. I probably was sounding like social Darwinist when I said "what value is she?". The teen obviously had issues if she killed herself over someone who she never met and never even existed. She was stupid in doing so, as is anyone. I didn't take age into consideration when I made that post, though. I apologize.
I think the lady should get so much more then a fine.

If you accidentally kill someone, you're still under Involuntary Manslaughter arn't you?

And she directly caused a girl to take her own life.
Quote by Andrew C. S.
I guess you're right. I'm definitely not defending the mom for her actions; what she did was very immature. But I just think the teen's decision to commit suicide was incredibly foolish. This is where I went wrong in getting my message through. I probably was sounding like social Darwinist when I said "what value is she?". The teen obviously had issues if she killed herself over someone who she never met and never even existed. She was stupid in doing so, as is anyone. I didn't take age into consideration when I made that post, though. I apologize.

It's cool. It's just that suicide is just a really touchy subject with me, and I apologize too for riling up on you like that.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
i voted no just to be cool
Guitars:
Martin DSR acoustic
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul
Amp:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Pedals:
535Q Crybaby>Fulltone OCD>Phase 90>EHX Big Muff>MXR Carbon Copy>EHX Holy Grail
You can call me Matt
Sticks and stones may break may bones, but words will never hurt me.

Mom's a ****, daughter was foolish.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by MusicalMinority
It's cool. It's just that suicide is just a really touchy subject with me, and I apologize too for riling up on you like that.

well, she's living with the fact that she's directly linked to a young girl's suicide. i'm sure she's suffering enough inside because she did such an immature thing that not even an inbred would commit.

lawfully, there's nothing the justice system could have done.
Sent from my iPad.
Now I haven't read/seen the actual story, but where someone's actions lead to the death of another, they need to be held accountable. Accidents do sometimes occur where no one is at fault, but where there is negligence, let alone actual intention to harm, there must be consequences. Period.
And sure, the girl may have been silly to take her own life, but the fact that she 'seemed normal' before the incident didn't mean that she wasn't close to the edge. In fact, the more depressive or ill a person is the less they tend to show it. And with a comment like, "the world would be a better place withour you", what the hell did the other lady think would happen?
Depression and suicide are irrational problems. Just because they don't make sense doesn't take them away. Don't call sufferers stupid or foolish.
He likes Keats but she's into Yeats - it's a matter of Romance

E-Mistress to UG's Finest Gentleman

Come away, oh human child,
To the waters and the wild
With a fairy hand in hand;
For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand.
Page 1 of 3