Well I signed up for lessons today after being stuck and not knowing what to do. They start next week and until then I'm trying to practice what I already know. Anyways, I remember when I was about a week in I was told about Arpeggio and I'm not sure I quite remember it. Isn't Arpeggio when you strum the notes in a chord separately? Like one by one?

Thanks for anyway help.
Yeah, you pick each note one by one. There are also advanced ways of doing arpeggios which you'll learn later on. Tapped arpeggios, swept arpeggios, etc. But just worry about the basic arpeggio for now.
Quote by Christian Davis
Yeah, you pick each note one by one. There are also advanced ways of doing arpeggios which you'll learn later on. Tapped arpeggios, swept arpeggios, etc. But just worry about the basic arpeggio for now.

Ah yes, thank you very much.
If you're not sure about lessons because of money (most cost about 20/half hour) there's a lot of online resources, free and paid that deal with guitar fundamentals as well as advanced lessons. They can be used as a replacement or in conjunction with lessons.

I like www.guitartricks.com but that's just me, check out other sites, youtube, wikipedia, and whatever else you can get your hands on. I think www.guitarjamz.com offers a 3 day trial of their whole site, so you can learn about things like arpeggios.

Books aren't bad either, like the HAL series or guitar for dummies (there must be one).