Sand the horns of strat-style body by hand? I saw the tutorial on the top of the page, and that's what it says to do. So...there's really no easier way? What will happen if I just use my palm sander to do it?
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

its difficult to get the palm sander in there. If you can do it without messing up the shape of the horns then more power to ya. Most people resort do doing it by hand or attatching sandpaper to a large dowel and a drill.
Ya, the dowel method is what I meant. It just seems weird to do it like that. Lol it feels like I'm stranded and trying to start a fire....but if that's really the only way..
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

You can sand parts of the horns on a strat with a palm sander. But there is still places your gonna have to do it the old fashioned way.
Does your palm sander fit in there? I'm guessing it's flat, right? The horns are not flat, so I can't see where you're going with this....
You just have to sand it with something that fits in there and won't deform the shape. That usually means hands.
Your sanding will go much easier, however, if you make sure not to skip grits, and if you are starting with a rough cut body 60 grit is indispensable. Best advise is to wrap the sandpaper around a form, once you start folding it into little squares the paper deteriorates rather quickly.

Woodcraft sells sanding drums that chuck into a 1/2" drill and come in an assortment of diameters. The one I got takes regular sandpaper, cut to fit, and makes short work of the cutaways. I think the 2"x3" one was around $15 USD.

Most important thing if you go the drill route, Wear Safety Glasses!
West Corinth Studio,
WCS Guitars, handmade & eco-friendly
hmmm. You could also get a spindle sander... but they're really bulky.
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're whackin' one off in the toilet and you jizz on the counter?

I hope you never get a driving license.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
Those sanding drums used in drill so do a decent job. As do the little sanding drums for a dremel. Use tools to get the bulk of it but in the end to go over everything by hand for best results.