When doing the actual double thumbing motion, should you be hitting the strings with the meaty part of your thumb (like slap and pop), the full side of your thumb, or the top (corner-ish) of your thumb (like your nail)

Hopefully you guys understand what i mean, if not I can upload some pictures to help clarify.

Thanks. (any other tips are appreciated)
I think i end up using what you call the top of my thumb, and then use the nail at the same spot on the second hit
-
-
--
---
-----
--------
-------------
Yay fibonacci!
Does your wrist jut out a bit from the strings or do you keep it almost completely parallel?
Victor Wooten has some pretty in depth lessons on this matter (and several others) on youtube. I would suggest taking a look at those, since (to my knowledge at least) invented the technique

EDIT: Heres the one I was thinking of

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq7IxvfOxTQ
Last edited by tubatom868686 at Jul 6, 2009,
Re-watching that video helped me clarify other questions I had, but I am still not 100% whether he is using the meaty part of his thumb or more of his nail.

It looks kind of like he's using the part of his skin to the left of his nail (left looking straight at your thumb as if you were giving someone a thumbs up), but don't actually hit the string with your nail on the downstroke
-
-
--
---
-----
--------
-------------
Yay fibonacci!
Thanks man.

I use part of my nail on the upstroke though, hopefully it doesn't slow me down once I progress...