My band Cryptic Cross recorded some cover songs that we played on our second practise. They're just the songs that we all knew how to play (sorta).
It's just a video camera so the sound and video quality is pretty ****e but I thought what the ****, might aswell post them here.

One

The Trooper

Children Of The Damned

Keep in mind it's our second time playing together. I'm the guitarist on the far left, half cut out haha.

We're starting to play some songs I've written so we aren't just doing covers
I really love to see fresh new bands come by... I thought that on "One" the guitarists were pretty damn good, factoring in the age and experience level... you guys killed it. I would adjust your tone a bit so that the notes have a more acoustic feel to it and resonate out a bit.

The drummer was just too loud, he needed to have a bit more control and be able to mute his playing a bit. Less is more.

The singer was dangerously off-key. I know that we would all love to be able to hit notes on every song in the book, but that just isn't possible. Tell him to bring it up an octave, no shame in singing it higher up if you can't hit it low... and he can't hit it low.

Hopefully I wasn't too harsh, because I was pretty darn impressed. How old are you guys? If you were playing something softer the ladies would be all up on :P

Care to critique me? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1157033
My Gear:
- Schecter S-1 Diamond Series w/ Duncan pickups
- Marshall JCM 900 Half-Stack
- Crybaby 535 Wah-Wah
- BOSS MT-2

Recording: SM58, SM57, M-Audio "AudioBuddy"
"You've Got to Belong To It"
Quote by jrrwizard
I really love to see fresh new bands come by... I thought that on "One" the guitarists were pretty damn good, factoring in the age and experience level... you guys killed it. I would adjust your tone a bit so that the notes have a more acoustic feel to it and resonate out a bit.

The drummer was just too loud, he needed to have a bit more control and be able to mute his playing a bit. Less is more.

The singer was dangerously off-key. I know that we would all love to be able to hit notes on every song in the book, but that just isn't possible. Tell him to bring it up an octave, no shame in singing it higher up if you can't hit it low... and he can't hit it low.

Hopefully I wasn't too harsh, because I was pretty darn impressed. How old are you guys? If you were playing something softer the ladies would be all up on :P

Care to critique me? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1157033

Thanks for the good critique man, really helps. I'm 14 and the other guys are 14-16. I'll check out yours now