Usually this amp is $3225 retail in Australia however i am able to get a new one for $1500 from a local shop. Who thinks i should buy it.

Other amp options i'm looking at are the Marshall DSL401 combo and the Marshall AVT100 combo.

The Randall is a combo aswell btw.

Thanks for your input!
get it.

srsly. it's muuuch better than the AVT. and i dont know about the other, but it will be more versatile, so i dont even ask "what genres do you play?"
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Last edited by ldnovelo at Jul 6, 2009,
DO IT!! that is a nice amp; i'm trying to get one myself. the MTS series is one of the best things i've seen. all the different modules/tube/speaker combinations make it extremely versatile. you can also have some people on the Randall Forum mod the modules for you to make them sound even better. i think most of them are based in the states, but if you can get one or more mod'd, then you are set. look up Pete Turely (okstrat on the randall forum). his mod's are said to be some of the best, him and Dave Friedman. what modules does it come with??

http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/index.php

Good Luck.
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x + y + z. Work = x; y = play; and z = keeping your mouth shut."
--Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
--Einstein
What modules do you wanna get? What do you play, I'd like to recommend some.

Not knowing what you play, I'd recommend you get the:

Fender Blackface for cleans
Marshall Plexi for crunch
And the Treadplate for extreme solos/heavy rif***e

Run a TS9 in front of the amp for a boosted crunch channel or to tighten up the Treadplate and you'll have a killer amp.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Last edited by Weeping_Demon7 at Jul 6, 2009,
if you get this, you should join the forum. there are a lot of helpful people on there, and i often see some great deals on modules.
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x + y + z. Work = x; y = play; and z = keeping your mouth shut."
--Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
--Einstein
GET IT!!!
i've seen those amps and they are sick to say the least
module wise, it depends on what you want to play
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Well it comes with the module based on a clean marshall and a module based on a mesa boogie thats what the store guy told me. I can't remember the exact module names but that's a start i guess lulz. Unfortunatley because it's at such a low price already i cannot pick and choose the modules =[.

I like playing metal, my favourite band is Nightwish and i love their guitar sound.
Get it!!!

Honestly if you end up getting a module you don't like you can get another one... and you don't exactly have to buy an entire new amp for what you want
Quote by SergeantSound
Well it comes with the module based on a clean marshall and a module based on a mesa boogie thats what the store guy told me. I can't remember the exact module names but that's a start i guess lulz. Unfortunatley because it's at such a low price already i cannot pick and choose the modules =[.

I like playing metal, my favourite band is Nightwish and i love their guitar sound.

im guessing the 1086 and the Plexi or JTM or SL+

GET IT NAO

PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by SergeantSound

Agreed, Nightwish is a great band. Angels Fall First is my favorite song.

it sounds like your getting a Recto and a Clean module, but i could be wrong.
--Einstein

--Einstein
Last edited by JKMV11 at Jul 6, 2009,
if i could get it for more than half off, i'd be posting a NAD thread before i could make a thread like this
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Probably JTM or Plexi clean and a Treadplate high gain.

GET THAT MAN! That's a steal in AUS!

ALF: The 1086 is not a Boogie gain module and the SL+ is not a Marshall clean
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Last edited by Shinozoku at Jul 6, 2009,
Quote by SergeantSound
Ok i rang up store, it has the JPM and the Treadplate module

JTM. thats a nice setup; get that treadplate mod'd by someone and your set.
--Einstein

--Einstein
Quote by JKMV11
JTM. thats a nice setup; get that treadplate mod'd by pete and your set.

Pete lives in America dude, this guy is in Aus. Might be cheaper to get a Salvation mod, but the Treadplate is nice on it's own.

EDIT: What's the currency in Czech? If it's Euros, then he could get an AMAZING deal getting it modded by Anthony

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.

Last edited by Shinozoku at Jul 6, 2009,
Quote by Shinozoku

ALF: The 1086 is not a Boogie gain module and the SL+ is not a Marshall clean

you learn something everyday

and im GASing for a Salvation deadplate
feel free to add me
Quote by Shinozoku
Pete lives in America dude, this guy is in Aus. Might be cheaper to get a Salvation mod, but the Treadplate is nice on it's own.

thats true, i guess i wasn't thinking. its one in the morning over here; i guess sleep is something i need right now.
--Einstein

--Einstein
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
you learn something everyday

and im GASing for a Salvation deadplate

SL+ is the later half of a JCM800 on the first half of the gain knob, that goes into JCM900 and DSL territory on the later half (straight up is a JCM800 maxed out, basically). super tight, dry, and aggressive.

1086 is a Mesa LIKE module on the scooped side, and a Marshall LIKE module on the boosted side. It's really more of a custom module in itself, not nailing either tone.

JTM is the closest you can get to Marshall cleans in the modules, aside from the Brahma. And the Plexi can have almost as much gain as the SL+, but the character is more vintagey, and just different, but still Marshall.

JKM: Check my edit

Stupid name.

^how much does Salvation charge for their custom modules??
feel free to add me
Quote by Shinozoku
JTM is the closest you can get to Marshall cleans in the modules, aside from the Brahma.

i know someone selling a Dave Friedman mod'd Brahma if anyone is interested. i'm not sure if he is still selling it, but it won't hurt to shoot him an email.
--Einstein

--Einstein
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
^how much does Salvation charge for their custom modules??

I'm not sure, I just know that a Custom 3 (I think) sold for about $325 here in America once. Pete mods usually sell for around $220-250. So I guess around $250 for a Salvation mod? Not counting shipping prices probably. Or it could be cheaper (like $150) and the resell prices are higher BECAUSE of shipping.

Stupid name.

Do you guys think the mods will accomdate my Nightwish needs? lol
Last edited by SergeantSound at Jul 6, 2009,
thanks Shin
and i might just get an RM100/50 instead of that Baron K88 and kylendm told me that Salvation is doing a module for him with the exact same specs as the K88, so i might get one

and its 1am here and i still cant sleep, i fkn hate it when my parents have parties
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
thanks Shin
and i might just get an RM100/50 instead of that Baron K88 and kylendm told me that Salvation is doing a module for him with the exact same specs as the K88, so i might get one

and its 1am here and i still cant sleep, i fkn hate it when my parents have parties

How lon gago did you get your Ultra +? I don't recall you ever having a NAD... it couldn't have been too long ago, unless I missed something...? Anyways... yeah MTS ftw
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta
Peavey Vypyr 15 for teh lulz

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
Quote by DiSTuRBeD -26-
How lon gago did you get your Ultra +? I don't recall you ever having a NAD... it couldn't have been too long ago, unless I missed something...? Anyways... yeah MTS ftw

i didnt get an Ultra +, i got rejected every single TIME!!!

they dont want mah Blackheart

EDIT:
so this doesnot count as spam......TS mods will do wonders to the modules
feel free to add me
Last edited by WTF!!is a TAB at Jul 6, 2009,
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
i didnt get an Ultra +, i got rejected every single TIME!!!

they dont want mah Blackheart

Get the RM50 and you'll be happy
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta
Peavey Vypyr 15 for teh lulz

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
sorry to shift slightly off topic, but i'm thinking about getting an RM80 (RM50, but two speakers and 80W). i have some detailed pics of it on my profile page; can you guys check them out and let me know what you think. its $500 with an Ultra Lead and Clean module.

Thanks, John.
--Einstein

--Einstein
Do you guys think i'll be to get a Nightwish sounding tone with the modules included?
Last edited by SergeantSound at Jul 6, 2009,
Quote by DiSTuRBeD -26-

Get the RM50 and you'll be happy

will do if i ever find one
and im gonna make a Gear For Metal Thread Mark Dos tomorrow morning
the old one has no moar space left for moar amps

EDIT:
to TS you might with the Treadplate..... its a Rectifier module right Shin??
feel free to add me
Last edited by WTF!!is a TAB at Jul 6, 2009,
Quote by SergeantSound
Do you guys think i'll be to get a Nightwish sounding tone with the modules included?

i think the treadplate will cover rhythm and lead tones, esp. if you get it mod'd. i'm not sure if the JTM will cover cleans or not. but if you aren't satisfied with the clean tones from it, you can look into a Super V or Blackface.
--Einstein

--Einstein
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
will do if i ever find one
and im gonna make a Gear For Metal Thread Mark Dos tomorrow morning
the old one has no moar space left for moar amps

there is someone selling a RM50 combo with an SL+ and XTC on ebay for $700.

EDIT: ya, the treadplate is based off of the mesa rectifier.
--Einstein

--Einstein
Can anybody reccommend me some good pedals to go with this amp? Mainly for distortion, maybe even something which is the same as the scoop found on Marshall AVT100's?, i have a line6 POD x3 so this will be fine for all the effects.
Quote by SergeantSound
Can anybody reccommend me some good pedals to go with this amp? Mainly for distortion, maybe even something which is the same as the scoop found on Marshall AVT100's?, i have a line6 POD x3 so this will be fine for all the effects.

Why would you use a distortion with the modules you're getting?!?!?!

The ONLY "distortion" pedal I'd put through that amp is an overdrive with the gain set to 0 and the volume set to max, which will tighten up the gain and clear up your signal a bit.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by SergeantSound

Quote by MatrixClaw
Why would you use a distortion with the modules you're getting?!?!?!

The ONLY "distortion" pedal I'd put through that amp is an overdrive with the gain set to 0 and the volume set to max, which will tighten up the gain and clear up your signal a bit.

^this. but another pedal you might want is an ISP Decimator if you can't handle the feedback/hum (if any). a Dunlop Wah would also be a nice addition. b/c it already has built in reverb, the only other thing you might need is delay, but i'm sure that line 6 pod will cover that.

it's MIDI right?? if so, you can hook it up to the amp and save the effects you want with the channels you want so when you switch to that channel, it also switches to the FX you put with it.
--Einstein

--Einstein