Ok I was restringing my electric guitar today, and this tiny bit that holds the guitar string in at the body of the guitar came out, I accidently put it in the wrong way and now I cant get it back out!

It barely took me any force to put in, now it won't come out :\

Pics because my explaining is horrible:

Is there any way you could slide something through the back of the guitar to try to push it?
2008 Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster
2010 Fender Classic Players Jazzmaster
2010 Fender Blacktop Jazzmaster
Peavey 80w Bandit
Thanks for the suggestions, so far i've tried the screwdriver and i've tried to thread a old string through either way and pull but in both cases I pulled with enough force to break the string...
Straighten a paperclip and bend the end into a hook, then stick it in and pull it out?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by Saike
Thanks for the suggestions, so far i've tried the screwdriver and i've tried to thread a old string through either way and pull but in both cases I pulled with enough force to break the string...

If you've broken strings, you're going to see to press something hard against it from behind, is the hole from the back big enough to fit an object in larger than the hole on that funky thing you got jammed in there.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Yes, it is quite a bit larger, screwdriver wasn't enough and caused visible damage, i'll just have to search for something else. Thanks though.
You might want to bring it into your local music store to get it checked out. It would be a shame if you caused more damage.
I'm Canadian Eh?
Eat a live toad first thing in the morning. Nothing worse will happen to you all day.
Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes.
Yeh I might do that, don't worry though, there is no way i'm going to hurt my guitar .
Im not 100% sure if it really matters though (which way it went in I mean), it will look wierd but i'm sure it will still work.
Yeh, I won't have the time for a while now to take my guitar to the store, ill just ignore it.
Quote by Saike
Yeh, I won't have the time for a while now to take my guitar to the store, ill just ignore it.

If you use your guitar in the state that it is, you'll end up leaving a mark in the wood, and most likely getting a bad tone.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Quote by Jesstaa
If you use your guitar in the state that it is, you'll end up leaving a mark in the wood, and most likely getting a bad tone.

The string isn't touching the wood at the base at all, is it still a problem?
If it just pushed in, use a piece of wood or plastic as a 'buffer' and knock it out by holding one end of the wood against it and hitting the other end of the wood. If it pushed in it will push out - you just need to use a bit of force.
Take a used low e string put it thru backwards wrap it around some thing you can use as a handle and give it a few light tugs. IT should loosen it up and pop out with out damaging the finish.
Quote by johnro6659
Take a used low e string put it thru backwards wrap it around some thing you can use as a handle and give it a few light tugs. IT should loosen it up and pop out with out damaging the finish.

Exactly what i've done, however I fear it's locked in place. It will come out sooner or later anyway...
Keep pushing it through the hole til it comes out the other end? Or get a screwdriver and pu**** through
Ibanez S540

MXR EVH Phaser
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez WD-7
Electro Harmonix LPB-1

Traynor YCS 50 Blue
hmm i was going to just putting a string through the back and to the front so that the ball end of the string will be pulling out the ferrule but it seems like you've tried it already.
Quote by Saike
Exactly what i've done, however I fear it's locked in place. It will come out sooner or later anyway...

If you string your guitar and stay playing with the Ferrule in like that, it's gunna pop out and cut your face.
Quote by consecutive e
Let me be the first to say.

Pics or gtfo.

Quote by CaptDin
Guitar Center - because someone has to trick people into buying Line 6 amps.

[img]http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=77198&stc=1[/img]