I got a first gig independent of playing with my school or with anything coming up

and so my friend and I got our stuff down musically(we are a duo). I mean what some good crazy antics be. cause I hear like throwing peanut butter at the audience or throwin up at em is kinda cool. or just like jump down and dance around in the audience during my friends long drum solo. is it like that well stage antics or any advice?
Do you really have to have a guide for stage antics?
When my music meets your science, (they're the biggest of the giants)
yeah, i'd love to be the target of a crowd-oriented wayward peanut butter attempted stage antic shot.

Mmmmm.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
Throw dead rats at them, there's this local band that did that at a gig I went to, they drew the biggest crowd of the night.

They also had pigs heads on stage, and inverted crucifixes. And the drummer sculled an entire bottle of jim beam just before he began playing.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Antics? As a duo?

No! You'd make a right t*t of yourself.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Do a puppet show.
Gear

Gibson '57 Les Paul Reissue
Marshall TSL 601
EHX: Big Muff, Metal Muff, Small Stone, POG, 2880
Ibanez TS808
Voodoo Labs Microvibe
Analogman Chorus
Morley Bad Horsie II
Keeley Compressor (C4)
Nova Delay
MXR 10-band EQ
unleash the worm on the masses
Ill Take it all
Arrows and Guns.. Hundreds and more

Save you from one
haha ts, this can't be a real question...
anitcs does not help make a show good, make up for ****ty music, make up for poor stage presence and you will probably just look like a complete tool on stage...

if you are established and can get a big crowd... beach balls, lots of beach balls...
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
Quote by tragorious
unleash the worm on the masses

AAAAAAHAHAHAHA Dude...that was funny..

Seriously though...expose yourself. It'll be a great crowd-pleaser.
Quote by shanchu
I got a first gig independent of playing with my school or with anything coming up

and so my friend and I got our stuff down musically(we are a duo). I mean what some good crazy antics be. cause I hear like throwing peanut butter at the audience or throwin up at em is kinda cool. or just like jump down and dance around in the audience during my friends long drum solo. is it like that well stage antics or any advice?

^

yeah dude, do that stuff, they'll love it.
shred is gaudy music
Quote by shanchu
I hear like throwing peanut butter at the audience is kinda cool.

Unless your audience consists mainly of toast, this could be a bad idea.
make-up, fake blood, pyrotechnics, biting heads off bats
all these have NOT been overdone.
ask a stupid question, get a retarded answer
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
"Trans Princess". You're bitching over nothing, and you know it.
My favorite one to do is just not pay attention to them and play my music. They love it, man.
"I love music, it's not like math. In music, 2+2 can equal 5, if it's a pretty enough 5." -Samuel R. Hazo

"Alle menschen werden bruder- all men become brothers"
-Ludwig Van Beethoven, from his 9th Symphony.

-John
I punched one of my class-mate in the face during our last song, back when I was in my high school band. The crowd loved it.
Yeah, I think vomiting on the crowd will most likely make you popular. It will also probably get you laid, but don't forgot to throw up on her while you are porking her.
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
Get naked an do a belly flop while taking a dump. Everyone will be talking about it. You'll be a YouTube hit
Do some windmills like Pete Townshend. they're damn hard. Make up your own thing anyway, if you're independent of school then now's the time to concentrate more on the music than how you look, when you were at school you should've been doing all the party tricks. Get a long cable and walk around the audience as you play, it's been done loads before but that was in the 50s and 60s so depending on your audience it might seem completely new and cool
Bassically, you just have to appear confident on stage. Loosen up a bit and make eye contact with audience members (Do not look at the floor, although you can interact with other band members or look at your instrument when playing more difficult stuff) Don't get up to any "antics" or you are gonna look like a massive tit
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quote by shanchu
I hear like throwing peanut butter at the audience or throwin up at em is kinda cool

Who the Christ told you that?! GG Allin? If you're going to take advice from him, you might as well go the whole hog and roll around in your own sh*t, naked, while punching the crap out of the audience.
I copy Thomas Erak for my stage antics. Jump on your drummers bass drum (clear it with him first and be careful), put one leg up on the monitors on the front of the stage, jump off of your amp, move your guitar around when the drums hit.