wats a good brand of 7 string guitar??

ive been lookin at gettin the ESP/LTD SC-607B ($2000-2700 aus)

but im wonderin, wat other brand/type of 7 string guitars are anygood?

im mainly lookin for sumthin with a deep/heavy crunchy tone, but with a bright clean tone aswell
Last edited by MetalManForLife at Jul 6, 2009,
Definantly schecter The Jeff Loomis sig is a beautiful f#@*1ng guitar and its got a floyd
Ibanez makes some good 7-strings, but personally I still think Schecter is top dog in that arena.
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
It really depends on what you're looking for, Ibanez have been at the forefront of 7 string guitars for the longest, and to me still hold some of the best models on the market.

Yes there are other options, but i would base a 7 string on what you played as a 6 string, then you can relate to the dimensions a bit better. I mean some people dont get on with Ibanez/Schecter necks for example.

Try some out, enough stores carry at least a couple of models.
Quote by hmmm_de_hum
It really depends on what you're looking for, Ibanez have been at the forefront of 7 string guitars for the longest, and to me still hold some of the best models on the market.

Yes there are other options, but i would base a 7 string on what you played as a 6 string, then you can relate to the dimensions a bit better. I mean some people dont get on with Ibanez/Schecter necks for example.

Try some out, enough stores carry at least a couple of models.

there actualy hard to find in melbourne (aus) to get one i gotta order one in, but id rather get other people opionions on other brands of 7's so i can make a better decision on wat to get (so far schecter has caught my attention)
Last edited by MetalManForLife at Jul 6, 2009,
Try the Schecter C-7 Hellraiser. It's more versatile than the Jeff Loomis model, and cheaper.
Here's a C-7 Hellraiser for $625 American: http://www.drumcityguitarland.com/drumcitygl/stores/1/images/Schecter/Schecter%20DIAMOND%20SERIES%20HELLRAISER%20C-7%20Black%207-String%20Electric%20Guitar.jpg

And the Loomis without an FR is $769. But like TechnoLp said, with the FR it's a grand.
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
The SC607B is a very nice guitar btw

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man