YOU MOST CERTAINLY SHOULD BUY THIS GUITAR.

And then post pics.
Fender Custom Tele, FMT HH
Michael Kelly Patriot Black
Peavey VK 212 (modded)
Member #24 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!

Quote by larrytheguitar
Would you eat the fish.
im gonna be paying £1400 for one of these next month (unless I decide I'd prefer a Caparison!) so i'd say buying one for £700 is a bargain
Check out my band! The Afterparty on Facebook
Quote by Jiro from GLAY
They retail for £1400 in the UK so you do the maths.

Yeah but LTDs and ESPs are way expensive in Europe rather than the USA. The guy who is selling it lives 25 miles away and the only oppertunity to play it would be at his house. I know what im looking for...pretty much the same spec, although for some reason they dont give you a tonepros bridge at that price you have to pay for the custom and you dont get sperzels or 3 a side tuners, and ill need to see if i like the maple neck or not because the will adler esp i didnt like it was way too heavy.
I'd go for it. Even if it's way extortionate in UK, you could probably sell it off for a profit if you don't like it! Plus, you say you have the opportunity to try it out beforehand so you can easily inspect for any flaws before you buy.
i got him down to £650 and he says its with a hardcase. i could get a washburn x50, bareknuckles, sperzels and tonepros bridge for the same money so ill have to think about it.
Quote by FrogSoup21
i got him down to £650 and he says its with a hardcase. i could get a washburn x50, bareknuckles, sperzels and tonepros bridge for the same money so ill have to think about it.

Are you kidding me? The Washburn X50 is far inferior to ESP Horizon no matter what you put into it.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by hminh87
Are you kidding me? The Washburn X50 is far inferior to ESP Horizon no matter what you put into it.

In what regard? Washburn has good build quality and the models i have tried have good woods. ESPs are a lot more expensive in the UK.
Quote by FrogSoup21
In what regard? Washburn has good build quality and the models i have tried have good woods. ESPs are a lot more expensive in the UK.

The X50 is not a good comparison, even with the bareknuckles in it. An ESP would be compared to a USA made Washburn which are just as expensive as any ESP.
Quote by Shabadoo
The X50 is not a good comparison, even with the bareknuckles in it. An ESP would be compared to a USA made Washburn which are just as expensive as any ESP.

So you think an american guitar maker is more proficient than a Japanese one? I would rather take a Japanese built guitar. Im not being obtuse, its just people assume a pricetag, 'made in the USA' or whatever automatically assumes superiority. I tried a PRS and a Schecter atx recently and the build quality, playability and features were superior for me.
Last edited by FrogSoup21 at Jul 6, 2009,
Definitely go for the Horizon.

EDIT:
Quote by FrogSoup21
So you think an american guitar maker is more proficient than a Japanese one? I would rather take a Japanese guitar. Im not being obtuse, its just people assume a pricetag, 'made in the USA' or whatever automatically assumes superiority.

No, he was saying that the only washburn guitars that would be comparable to an ESP are the USA-made Washburns, not the exports.
Quote by FrogSoup21
I tried a PRS and a Schecter atx recently and the build quality, playability and features were superior for me.

That's a lot of opinion/personal taste. I don't like the feel of PRS guitars (though they are undeniably damn good guitars and the sexiest guitars i've seen are PRS), and I'm not too big on Schecter either. If i don't like how the guitars feel, then to me they do not have superior playability and features. It's all too objective to have one answer for.
Last edited by Pac_man0123 at Jul 6, 2009,
Quote by FrogSoup21
So you think an american guitar maker is more proficient than a Japanese one? I would rather take a Japanese built guitar. Im not being obtuse, its just people assume a pricetag, 'made in the USA' or whatever automatically assumes superiority. I tried a PRS and a Schecter atx recently and the build quality, playability and features were superior for me.

Quote by Pac_man0123
No, he was saying that the only washburn guitars that would be comparable to an ESP are the USA-made Washburns, not the exports.

This

Yeah, but he was inferring that 'foreign' made guitars always have inferior build quality. As long as you check the guitar out before buying it you can look for faults. Its not like every USA made guitar is made by owners, hardly any are. There is a high turnaround rate of staff in these companies.

That's a lot of opinion/personal taste. I don't like the feel of PRS guitars (though they are undeniably damn good guitars and the sexiest guitars i've seen are PRS), and I'm not too big on Schecter either. If i don't like how the guitars feel, then to me they do not have superior playability and features. It's all too objective to have one answer for.

Well thats what im discussing. There are so many assumptions people make based on pricetag or hype. When i finished trying the prs and schecter the attendant (who previously didnt know what a PRS was) said 'theres a massive gap in quality between the two huh?'
Last edited by FrogSoup21 at Jul 6, 2009,
Quote by FrogSoup21

Yeah, but he was inferring that 'foreign' made guitars always have inferior build quality. As long as you check the guitar out before buying it you can look for faults.

No, what I was actually saying is that a cheaper guitar will be made with cheaper materials, have lower build quality, QC, etc.
Quote by Shabadoo
No, what I was actually saying is that a cheaper guitar will be made with cheaper materials, have lower build quality, QC, etc.

well they have the same pickups, same bridge pickups. How much difference is there between a block of wood assuming neither use one piece necks or bodies. They might choose a slightly denser piece of mahogany for a more expensive model but i dont think they could take the time to do that. Quality control yes but you can check most of that before purchase.
Quote by FrogSoup21
well they have the same pickups, same bridge pickups. How much difference is there between a block of wood assuming neither use one piece necks or bodies. They might choose a slightly denser piece of mahogany for a more expensive model but i dont think they could take the time to do that. Quality control yes but you can check most of that before purchase.

There can be worlds of difference between the quality of wood and that can be compounded over by lower QC as well. This could very well be unnoticable at first but where higher grade materials and QC will really shine is through longevity.

I'm not telling you that the X50 is a bad guitar I'm just giving you my opinion on this. Play them both and if you like one better get that guitar, IMO that should be the only way you decide. However, if it comes out even I'd strongly suggest you get the ESP because I can gaurntee you it is a higher quality instrument.
Quote by FrogSoup21

If you look at it that way then yes, they are very similar. But what differ them apart are in the details. Like the Horizon will have more beautiful higher grade top wood, the neck is more likely to be perfectly placed to body, trussrod will be smooth and less prone to stuck, frets will be more even and well polished, there would not be any smaller imperfections like finish stains or ran over at places etc... Being at high standard as they are in ESP japan factories I would say their glue job will be better than most. It can makes all the differences in the World.

About the Washburn. It's a remarkable fine guitar but it just cannot beat the feel of a Horizon. I've had guitar made in Indonesia before (Washburn moved their X50 series from Korea to Indonesia in 2008) and the quality while above average it's still feel like a sub-1000 dollar instrument.

Just my opinions...
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Last edited by hminh87 at Jul 6, 2009,
Quote by hminh87
If you look at it that way then yes, they are very similar. But what differ them apart are in the details. Like the Horizon will have more beautiful higher grade top wood, the neck is more likely to be perfectly placed to body, trussrod will be smooth and less prone to stuck, frets will be more even and well polished, there would not be any smaller imperfections like finish stains or ran over at places etc... Being at high standard as they are in ESP japan factories I would say their glue job will be better than most. It can makes all the differences in the World.

About the Washburn. It's a remarkable fine guitar but it just cannot beat the feel of a Horizon. I've had guitar made in Indonesia before (Washburn moved their X50 series from Korea to Indonesia in 2008) and the quality while above average it's still feel like a sub-1000 dollar instrument.

Just my opinions...

ahh i would prefer flame maple like yours! anyway ill respond when ive played the ESP