I need to go to guitar guitar and merchant city music. Are the fairly central (and not in dodgy areas?!). I dont know Glasgow at all.
Yes, I dont remember exactly how to get there, but merchant city isnt in a "dodgy area" and pretty central
Theyre not in a dodgy area at all, merchant city music is in more of a business type area, and guitar guitar isnt anywhere too dodgy. Ive been to both shops plenty of times, and apart from nearly being run over by a car, ive not had any trouble. Theyre both within walking distance of the centre of town.
X

"Just wait till tomorrow
I guess that's what they all say
Just before they fall apart"
Guitar Guitar is on king street, it's not nearly that difficult to find, very close to central station. Merchant city music, I prefer it tbh, I can't remember the street name really and giving directions on the internet is impossible. You could try reverb on jamaica street also to get there all you do is leave central through the exit next to burger king keep walking straight down past KFC and the tunnel beneath central and just keep walking till after lidl and it's neither the shop right next to it or the next one down. xD

All of them are quite central.
But aye imo Merchant city have nicer staff.
Hope I helped
Quote by Crizzle
Guitar Guitar is on king street, it's not nearly that difficult to find, very close to central station. Merchant city music, I prefer it tbh, I can't remember the street name really and giving directions on the internet is impossible. You could try reverb on jamaica street also to get there all you do is leave central through the exit next to burger king keep walking straight down past KFC and the tunnel beneath central and just keep walking till after lidl and it's neither the shop right next to it or the next one down. xD

All of them are quite central.
But aye imo Merchant city have nicer staff.
Hope I helped

This.

I work two minutes away from the shop, it's a nice area.
Funky

Quote by thedefrockednun
you made my day

Quote by el-ECTRO
bada bing or whatever he's called. EPIC WIN.

Mighty Blades
They're both in a bad area, it's called Glasgow
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

Quote by Floods_Solo
Ye you'll get stabbed

I look pretty psycho so i should be alright, even though im chilled.
Quote by irongoat666
They're both in a bad area, it's called Glasgow

God damn I was to slow.
Guitar Guitar > Merchant IMO

Any time I've been in Merchant they've been fairly useless with their info and fairly overpriced too, whereas Guitar Guitar have (mostly) amazing staff who know a LOT about the guitars they sell. Bill downstairs knows a ****load about the boutique guitars and amps they have downstairs, like the Vigiers, Suhrs, and the Bogners, VHT's and Engl's.
Now as much as I love big bill, and his goatee xD
Everytime I go in there with my friends only once in a blue moon am I actually aloud to try a guitar whereas in merchant city I can try a guitar with whoever I'm with.
they're both right in the centre of town, in good areas - merchie is in a sort of business area, guitar guitar is at the end of a busy shopping street (I'm **** with street names), you're not going to be stabbed round there.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by Crizzle
Now as much as I love big bill, and his goatee xD
Everytime I go in there with my friends only once in a blue moon am I actually aloud to try a guitar whereas in merchant city I can try a guitar with whoever I'm with.

whit?

anyway is that guitar guitar that wont let you? they are cool with me i just pick up whatever i want.
they are in fine areas. I've been there plenty of times without anything happening.
I prefer Guitar Guitar though.
My name is Vikki. Use it

We took the last train
Out of the city
To plan our great escape
Quote by Go Square Go!
I think Merchant City is off Byers Road somewhere. Got a guitar strap from there

it's garth street or something.
I got a guitar from there, nice guys in there. It took me a while to find though.
but yeah they're in the toon.
Have a swatch at McCormacks, reverb, and 'the guitar store' too, good times.
WONGA!
Quote by StringAssassin
I would be angry too if there were turds on my head.
Quote by MooshMooshMarc
I got a guitar from there, nice guys in there. It took me a while to find though.

Where abouts is 'the guitar store'?

And I can never find Merchant City music. I've bought guitars and amps from there and I go there all the time, but I always need someone to show me the way >__<
Quote by MooshMooshMarc

McCormacks is okay, reverb is overpriced and the guitar store's manager is a shaft
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
If you're coming from Central Station, both shops are a quick walk down Argyle Street. To get to Merchant City, turn left after M&S then it's the second street (I think) on the right. I'm sure it's the one with the police box but it's been a while since I was there.

As for Guitar Guitar, keep walking straight on instead of turning left and you'll come to it eventually.
Quote by buckethead_jr
Where abouts is 'the guitar store'?

And I can never find Merchant City music. I've bought guitars and amps from there and I go there all the time, but I always need someone to show me the way >__<

Go under the bridge at central station, where KFC, Mcdonalds and the cathouse are, just keep going along that street.
EDIT:
Quote by Snake_42
I'm sure it's the one with the police box but it's been a while since I was there.

not sure if it's definately the one with the police box, but it is reall near there.
Quote by Snake_42
As for Guitar Guitar, keep walking straight on instead of turning left and you'll come to it eventually.
yep. past all the weird leather shops.
WONGA!
Quote by StringAssassin
Last edited by MooshMooshMarc at Jul 6, 2009,
have you ever heard of this things they're using now called taxis?
Yeah there's a place, about 40 miles East. It's called Edinburgh
Guitar Guitar is really good (there's a downstairs aswell, just to say), and maybe go to McCormacks aswell, there's some cool signed guitars in there.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Pott

I live there. Glasgow has better stuff.
Quote by Pott

guitarguitar in edinburgh is SO not worth the walk from waverly.
WONGA!
Quote by StringAssassin
You walk from Waverly to GG in Costorphine? Jesus man, I thought I loved walking but that's definitely not worth it...

And I lived in Edi until two weeks ago and I really miss it...
if someone asks if u want a glasgow smile SAY NO!
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Michael Bay is really good at concealing explosions in his work. They only last for a few seconds and only take up 1% of the screen,

"Member #41 of the I Love Hayley Williams Club PM Gibson_SG_uzr55 to Join"
Quote by FrogSoup21
I need to go to guitar guitar and merchant city music. Are the fairly central (and not in dodgy areas?!). I dont know Glasgow at all.

not dodgy area in glasgow is an oxymoron
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
McCormaks (sp?) is right next to buchanan street btw. Guitar Guitar is a really good shop with lots of stuff

It's not a dodgy area unless you stray from the path

Someone offers a glasgow kiss, do not accept it!!!
The more you study the more you know. The more you know the more you forget......... so why study
Quote by MooshMooshMarc
guitarguitar in edinburgh is SO not worth the walk from waverly.

wut. you must have been helluva tired!!!!!!!!!!