So Friday I took my old bass and bass amp and traded them in and walked out the door with this

2 packs of D'Addario light top/heavy bottom strings and 1 pack of Dunlop Jazz III picks.

And all I had to pay out of pocket was $3.22. Pretty sweet deal if you ask me.

The guitar is pretty nice. Really been wanting a guitar without a Floyde as I alternate tune a lot. So this guitar is my non standard tunning guitar. It actually places pretty good. Fast neck. Thin body...very light. And the stock PU's really aren't too bad. Overall it's a good guitar...and it just looks so pretty. My first guitar with a quilted maple.
Insane amount of NGD's today. It's good stuff

HNGD!
Quote by grimms
All I know is that if UG were a prison, all of us will either be dead, a prison bitch, or a dead prison bitch.

HNGD, got any real life pics?
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist
You want to check my profile. Do it.

Flickr
Quote by KiraIBZ
HNGD, got any real life pics?

Haha, I was gonna say the same.

One hell of a $3.22 upgrade. Looks sweet. The finish is baaaadaaass. Have fun man

Quote by srob7001
So Friday I took my old bass and bass amp and traded them in and walked out the door with this

2 packs of D'Addario light top/heavy bottom strings and 1 pack of Dunlop Jazz III picks.

And all I had to pay out of pocket was $3.22. Pretty sweet deal if you ask me.

The guitar is pretty nice. Really been wanting a guitar without a Floyde as I alternate tune a lot. So this guitar is my non standard tunning guitar. It actually places pretty good. Fast neck. Thin body...very light. And the stock PU's really aren't too bad. Overall it's a good guitar...and it just looks so pretty. My first guitar with a quilted maple.

Besides the volume pot being right under the pickup and the stock pickups that is a gorgeous axe, grats on the trade.

Me on the other hand I still get FR guitars for alt tunings I just block out the floyds so I can still have a locking nut and the fine tuners I can care less if i can use the whammy or not.
Yea, sorry guys. No real life pics yet. My digital camera took a crap on me.

I don't mind the volume pot being where it is. It is pretty much in that same spot on my RG, so nothing to really get used to. And honestly I was surprised at how much better the stock ESP PU's sounded over the stock PU's that came in my RG.

Yea, I couldn't belive I only had to pay 3.22 for everything. That guy at Sam Ash must of just been in a good mood or something.

I will say I have always been a die hard Ibanez fan, but this LTD is pretty good quality for a lower end guitar.
Quote by Sad But False
its nice but the inlay is still really annoying, same with most esps...

the serial number or something at the 12th is indeed pretty ugly but i love the matching headstock on it. If the LTD V401DX had a matching headstock i would buy it
Guitars
Jackson SL3MG
Ibanez RGR321EX
Kramer 120
Bass
Epiphone Embassy Standard V
Amp
Engl Ritchie Blackmore Signature
Pick
Jim Dunlop Max Grip Carbon Jazz III
Effects
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
I agree. Not a big fan of the dot inlays or the model number on the 12th, but I can't complain too much about a guitar for 3 dollars. Long as it plays nice and sounds nice, I am good with it.

I didn't expect it to play like some ESP artist series or anything, but compared to a lot of other guitar companies basic line these are great.
Yeah, that model number at the 12 fret is ... umm yeah . Dot inlays aren't that bad, but I prefer sharkfin .. those things just look badass.

I just want to see a pic in real life ... see how that finish really shines

But if the thing plays good, and you went out of pocket only 3 bucks .. well **** that's a deal
Eric,

The finish is actually really shiney. I like it a lot. If the room is dark you can't tell it is red, but once some light hits it, the red just pops out at you.

Once I get my digital running again I will post some real life pics of it in some light so you can get a good look at it.