I run mine under warm water before I play as well as warming up and stretching, but afterwards is a good idea to stretch and keep warm or is it better to run them under cold water to cool them down? I've had a few lots of wrist pain and I just took a few weeks off to get rid of it comletely so I want to keep it off. btw I don't need other ways of preventing it I know all them now, just wondering about cooling down at the end.
Last edited by tom1thomas1 at Jul 6, 2009,
I would guess light stretching and very light warmth would be healthy as to ease your muscles through the healing process.
You shouldn't need to run them under cold water, if that cools it down, it'll be doing it quickly and defeating the purpose. Just do a few smell stretches to get everything back to place.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
There's no need for water!
When I practice, I run through a couple of scales, improvising easily to warm up. Then I play and practice whatever I want, and when I'm done, I go back to the usual stuff. Plain and simple. I've NEVER had any wrist pains in my whole life, and I practice from 1-4 hours a day.
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
Quote by BlisteringDDj
There's no need for water!
When I practice, I run through a couple of scales, improvising easily to warm up. Then I play and practice whatever I want, and when I'm done, I go back to the usual stuff. Plain and simple. I've NEVER had any wrist pains in my whole life, and I practice from 1-4 hours a day.

Lucky punk.

Try 5 - 7 hours, then see if you do. Lol, that's where I stand at the moment =(
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
1-4 hours is the normal amount of practice. It depends on the day and the mood. I've played up to 12 hours many days as well. It all depends. I've got a life on the side as well, you know.
C4C
(or in my profile!)

Quote by BlisteringDDj
1-4 hours is the normal amount of practice. It depends on the day and the mood. I've played up to 12 hours many days as well. It all depends. I've got a life on the side as well, you know.

I do too, just it's hard to have happening when all my friends are doing ****/I'm stuck at home.

Also 2 friends I could be hanging out with at the moment, the relationship is kinda awkward, so you know.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
^ I know what you mean... >_>
C4C
(or in my profile!)

Did you see a doctor about the wrist pain in the first place? I know seeing a doctor can be expensive and a major PITA, especially if you live here in the good ole USA (United States of Ass-raping health care system) but if you have a wrist injury, you DON"T want to make it worse! It could become a lifelong problem.