Hey guys, I need some good suggestions for an amp. I would like to buy a new one, simply because the one I have isn't cutting it for me anymore, and I'm starting to get sick of the tone it gives when I play with the band.

As for my playing style, think of Seether or Three Days Grace.

My current equipment consists of:
Paul Reed Smith SE Single Cut
Line 6 HD75 Guitar Amp Head
Spider III 4x12 Cabinet

I'm looking to purchase something similar in price, but possibly higher. (500-600).
Any suggestions?
can you sell the HD and the Spider cab??
can you go used?
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
I'd prefer new, and I could sell it, however, I'd rather keep it if possible. So yeah, I could, but I'd prefer new without selling my old amp.
500-600 What? Pounds, dollars, bloons, French books?

also if i were you i would go used, i have soo many great deals from using Ebay.
you could get a JCM 800 combo if you sold the HD and the cab.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Sorry, 500-600 Dollars. And I guess it doesn't matter, but I'd prefer a head or a stack but a Combo would work and just use it with my cab if needed.
I was considering looking at a Marshall MG100DFX, although it's not exactly for the type of music that I'm looking at, I also like playing some classic rock too but I wasn't sure if this amp was any good or not. I've heard great things about it, and some pretty horrible things about it as well, so I'm not sure.
Marshall MG is a dirty word around here from what I can tell haha

with a budget like that you can go valve anyway
Quote by Janicki
Sorry, 500-600 Dollars. And I guess it doesn't matter, but I'd prefer a head or a stack but a Combo would work and just use it with my cab if needed.

There would be no need for that

Is there any reason you'd prefer a stack to a combo?
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Quote by Janicki
I was considering looking at a Marshall MG100DFX, although it's not exactly for the type of music that I'm looking at, I also like playing some classic rock too but I wasn't sure if this amp was any good or not. I've heard great things about it, and some pretty horrible things about it as well, so I'm not sure.

From who?
Quote by schwinginbatman
From who?

Probably those who don't know any better.

OP, the MG would pretty much be a downgrade from your Spider.

I'd recommend you look into possibly a Marshall DSL, or a JCM 800 would also work well for your styles. Maybe a Peavey Classic 30, or Traynor YCS 50...

Maybe a Vox AC50 if you like dark-voiced OD.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Id look into a used Peavey 5150, Peavey Ultra/XXX, or a Line 6 Vetta. Those bands use pretty high gain, and youd probably have to have an OD and high output pickups to be able to get that tone from most of the amps listed.
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Quote by Janicki

Believe the horrible things. Only suckers buy stuff new. There are so many morons out there who buy new stuff and sell it a week later for half what they paid for it. $500-$600 is enough to buy a nice used tube head.
Mmm...Seether uses (or used to use) Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifiers I believe...and from what i hear mesa's are pretty versatile. So go on over to ebay and look to see if you can get any good deals on a Mesa?
Alright. Well, as for the things about the 100DFX, I just read countless reviews, some being great, and some not so much.. hah. The Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifiers is a little out of my price range. Is there any cheaper versions of a mesa boogie that I should look for or stay away from?
Quote by Janicki
Alright. Well, as for the things about the 100DFX, I just read countless reviews, some being great, and some not so much.. hah. The Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifiers is a little out of my price range. Is there any cheaper versions of a mesa boogie that I should look for or stay away from?

Well, its not that great at all. The only good thing about it is that it has pretty decent cleans. As for new amps, stay away from solid state amps. Try out a Peavey Classic 30/50 and a JCM800 next time you go to a guitar store.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.