Page 1 of 5
I used the searchbar and only got stuff about the hardest thing you've done in a video game.

Anyway my biggest problem's been wrist pain and RSI, I could've had probably 1000hrs more practice so far if I didn't have to spend so much time being careful not to stir up my wrists Also my parents telling me to do homework when I'd rather be playing lol
proper technique could've fixed your wrist pains lol
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
Sweeping.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
most people say that learning guitar is hard. and i dont want to sound like one of those kids who think they're br00tal, or a snobby eccentric jazz fusion purist. but guitar for me has been significantly easy to learn and play compared to other people's frustrations and problems that I myself have breezed right through. i hope i dont sound condescending.
Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.
Playing at medium tempos. Super fast or very slow was all I could do for the longest.
Quote by Highway60Bob
most people say that learning guitar is hard. and i dont want to sound like one of those kids who think they're br00tal, or a snobby eccentric jazz fusion purist. but guitar for me has been significantly easy to learn and play compared to other people's frustrations and problems that I myself have breezed right through. i hope i dont sound condescending.

don't worry, you sound REALLY condescending.
Sweep sweep sweep
--"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."--
Quote by tom1thomas1
I used the searchbar and only got stuff about the hardest thing you've done in a video game.

Anyway my biggest problem's been wrist pain and RSI, I could've had probably 1000hrs more practice so far if I didn't have to spend so much time being careful not to stir up my wrists Also my parents telling me to do homework when I'd rather be playing lol

I had rsi for a long time....9 gauge strings and low action.. Do it.

Biggest hurdle is just trying to play 5 instruments to an advanced standard while still having a life. I also find economy picking and flamenco guitar tricky.
my biggest problem is finding adequate practice time and some of the more complicated chords that i am learning right now.
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Not playing rubbish solos.

Wait, I still do that.
Quote by Dizzy Gillespie
Salt peanuts, salt peanuts!
Learning to use my pinky. I have massive hands and used my ring finger in place of my pinky for the longest time.
Crazier than a fish with titties.
Quote by Lord_Hondros
That was a great troll, and it made me laugh. Which then made me cause I was having a good time being scared shitless

Quote by behind_you
Grandfather clocks and jizz.
Quote by Highway60Bob

I kind of feel that way as well. Most people have trouble with barre chords, but I was able to get those easily. I had trouble with sweeping, but not nearly as much as others on this forum. That being said, I do have a ton of trouble when it comes to learning complex picking patterns.

The most time wasting thing is trying to come up with a good song to learn while replaying the same riff/song over and over. I've done this for a good month before
Wanting to play.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
remebering what to play
i was bad without smoking pot now im like why am i in this room?
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote by noob888
I love you for that thread...

Quote by MightyAl
I am now mentally scarred by the image of Peter Crouch getting penalised.
why is everyone saying sweep picking? i was using sweep picking before i even learned what is was.

my biggest hurdle was setting the intonation on my guitars. now THAT is annoying
Quote by CoreysMonster
don't worry, you sound REALLY condescending.

Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.
The last couple of days. All I want to do is play, but if I do, I risk doing damage to my hands. I just gotta go to the doc and see what's wrong, then I'll figure out what to do next... Really sucks cause I've been overcoming the hurdles of sucking in the last couple of days, getting perfect with thrash rhythm, and becoming proficient in basic lead, even started tackling a few solos.

Edit: But probably the hardest thing to do was... ****, I forgot what I was thinking now =(
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Last edited by Jesstaa at Jul 6, 2009,
Alt. Picking has been pretty slow for me, minor barre chords. Aswell as trying to balance guitar/bass/theory/ridiculous demands from college all at once.

Working with my little finger aswell, the joint between my ring finger and little finger just wont allow me to move between those fingers and i'm really struggling to overcome this.
Last edited by aaciseric at Jul 6, 2009,
Dedication.

Setting a practice routine I can stick to.

Working with a metronome.
Quote by santa_man99
THANK you. I love you forever.

Quote by DrFuzz
Why are you researching for Christmas? It's only Ma- HOLY CRAP WHERE'S 2009 GONE!?!?!?

Quote by ilikepirates
You're right, that is weird. You win.
Quote by Boomking Gnome
Learning to whammy without a whammy bar was pretty hard for me.

pull on the bridge barehanded it's easy
Quote by JayLacelle
why is everyone saying sweep picking? i was using sweep picking before i even learned what is was.

my biggest hurdle was setting the intonation on my guitars. now THAT is annoying

probably what made it easy was that you hadn't heard so much about how hard it is and how you've gotta go sit in the shed with a metronome for 10hrs a day to get it down.
Prob learning all the theory behind it all.
Epi Explorer
Gibson SG special
Orange Tiny Terror
Orange 1x12 Cab
Korg pitchblack
Boss DD-5 delay
MXR 90 phaser
MXR Blue Box
Boss BD-2
Zak Wylde OD
LPB-1 Booster

Music is the source of happiness
Learning to improvise, within a scale, without just playing the scale shapes. That took me a while to get out of, its a bad habit.

Also, alternate picking, sometimes! Like the Stairway to heaven solo, it should be easy to play, but damn its awkward, I always screw one note somewhere along the way

And TUNING! Consistently, accurately, and quickly. I hated taking fifteen minutes to make sure my guitar was in tune.
Last edited by voodoochild23 at Jul 6, 2009,
f*cking arthritis. in both hands/wrists.
so pretty much every winter is hell to get through.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
When having sex i realise my penis is of small nature.

Quote by Demon Wolf
I got a similar thing from playing too much Pokemon.

Magikarpal tunnel.
I'm currently picking up some jazz. I'm trying to play Fly Me To The Moon, but too many chords to remember, and too many shapes. Learning jazz chords is tough for me, idk why.
"When words fail, music speaks"

Gamertag - Acoustickk

Call me Vincent
Quote by CoreysMonster
two words:

barre chords

motherfuckers.

that's three words :P
Barre,chords,mother****.

my index finger started to hurt like 2 times already on my fretting hand so I couldn't play. It felt like I would have been broken but it wasn't cuz I went to a doctor but the pain was the same and it was there where you bend you finger. Below your nails.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Quote by PinoyxRockar
I'm currently picking up some jazz. I'm trying to play Fly Me To The Moon, but too many chords to remember, and too many shapes. Learning jazz chords is tough for me, idk why.

I know your pain, i'm trying to learn Deacon Blues by Steely Dan, the chord changes are a tad extreme compared to what i'm used to.
Page 1 of 5