So I have this Epiphone valve standard that I took apart at one time to mod and possibly rehaul it but to keep a long story short I am putting it back together. Now I am still a beginner at reading schematics and i have been able to figure out some parts of the EVS's schematics but I am having a tough time trying to figure out the wiring of the power and standby switch as well as the mains plug. My question is what goes where. I jotted down some notes when I took it apart so I know that in the picture the two orangish leads on the far right switch go to the board where the diodes connect to. After that I was just kind of guessing. Im not all too familiar with these style of switches so of anyone can help that would be great. If anyone has one of these amps and could just give me a color pattern that would be cool too.

EDIT:I'm attaching cleaner pics in another post below.

This is the front of the switches so you know what kind they are. the standby has the indicator in it which is also adding to some of my confusion.
Last edited by migs_migeezie at Jul 7, 2009,
Here is the schematic for the transformer and mains section. The pdf that gibson sent me is too big to upload, but if you need it, pm me and I can send it to you.
No one have a clue? Well I dont know if this will help anyone but the color scheme for the power transformer is as follows:
on one side is: yellow - 12V, Black - 0, Yellow - 12V (i have these wired in the board already), Blue - 6.3V(also wired on the board), Red - 270V, Red - 0.
On the other side of the PT is this scheme:
Black - 0, Yellow - 100V, Blu -115V, Brown - 230V, Red - 240V, Green/Yellow - Ground.

Hopefully one of you smart amp guys can help me out.
You're going to have a very difficult time getting help with this. Nobody wants to help when it comes to power wiring, especially mains wiring, and for good reason. If you wire it up wrong based on our recommendations, you could damage your amp beyond an affordable repair or even kill yourself. Mains wiring is different depending on when your house was built.

http://www.sound.westhost.com/psu-wiring.htm

Here's a link for you to figure out what each wire in your house does. It's at section 4.0

I hope you get the help you need but i can't offer anymore information other than that. In the future, you should take pictures of your amp before you start messing with it.
Guitar:
Dean Vendetta 3 - Dave Mustaine Livewires

Amplifier
Carvin X100B - Bias Mod - Tungsol 12AX7's - JJ KT77's

I have built the most badass 212 that puts all others to shame
Quote by MeanwiththeDean
You're going to have a very difficult time getting help with this. Nobody wants to help when it comes to power wiring, especially mains wiring, and for good reason. If you wire it up wrong based on our recommendations, you could damage your amp beyond an affordable repair or even kill yourself. Mains wiring is different depending on when your house was built.

http://www.sound.westhost.com/psu-wiring.htm

Here's a link for you to figure out what each wire in your house does. It's at section 4.0

I hope you get the help you need but i can't offer anymore information other than that. In the future, you should take pictures of your amp before you start messing with it.

Yeah i kinda figured no one wanted to mess around with it. And like i said i was planning on gutting it to not use any components but the chassis but obviously that didnt happen. I'll probably take it to a tech just to make sure its done right but i was hoping somebody might have had one of these and knew what might have gone where. No worries. I'll see if that link will help otherwise i'll forkout the cash to get it done proper. Thanks though.
Something is very wrong with your mains connections.
You have to have 3 connections there.
Earth
Neutral
Line

I only see 2...
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Something is very wrong with your mains connections.
You have to have 3 connections there.
Earth
Neutral
Line

I only see 2...

That's exactly what I was thinking.

To the TS, if you can post a picture of the overall view (preferably a non-cell phone picture) somebody might be able to help out. But one of the reasons I have personally refused to offer my 2 cents is because I can't tell where any of the wires are coming from and because of that, i can't tell which one is live, etc., etc. I'm not promising anything but if you can get more detailed pictures then I might be able to help.
Guitar:
Dean Vendetta 3 - Dave Mustaine Livewires

Amplifier
Carvin X100B - Bias Mod - Tungsol 12AX7's - JJ KT77's

I have built the most badass 212 that puts all others to shame
I was very confused by that too. It looked to me, from what i could see(the darn mains plug is glued into he chassis so i couldnt take it out to get a better look) was that the Line side was just a flat plate of metal and the Neautral side had 2 tabs coming out. The Earth tab was a little more clear to me. I wasn't sure if the mains plug having a fuse in ther had anything to do with that configuration. But I will get my digital camera back tonight and snap some clear shots. sorry i was trying to do it quick. I will also take some more clear shots of the whole chassis and post them tonight when i get home.
ok here are some cleaner looking pics. Again if anyone wants the full schematic let me know i can email it to you. Its too big to post.

Here is what the mains plug looks like. I tried to get as close as possible without getting too blurry but it was hard so I typed in exactly what the markings are on the plug. (it was hard to read with the light reflecting off the black)

here is a cleaner shot of the power and standby switches.

here is one of the whole inside
Quote by migs_migeezie
Again if anyone wants the full schematic let me know i can email it to you.
I sent you a PM with my email address, yesterday. (i don't want the address in public).
No reply.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
I sent you a PM with my email address, yesterday. (i don't want the address in public).
No reply.

Sorry i just got it and sent you the pdf.