I havn't written a song for agers. Well to be honest I havn't finished writing one for agers.

I've been listening to a bit of Metallica lately so I decided to write a Metallica inspired song.

For the guitar I used:

Hi gain= MusicMan Silhouette -> Tube screamer -> Gearbox (Big Bottom amp) -> Eq

Clean= Musicman Silhouette -> Gearbox (Blackface 'lux)

I used drumkit from hell for the drums. I'm not too happy with the snare so any ideas of how to make it sound better?

The clip is on my profile or if your feeling lazy, here: http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/face_the_fear/ (Thrash metal - Metallica like)

What do you think?
Good job! I really like it. For how long have you been writing songs?

Are you sure that aint a Metallica song? Because it sounds EXACTLY like Metallica
In the 22nd century, how many guitarists is needed to replace a light source?

Five. One to actually do it, and four to reminisce about how much better the old tubes were.

Quote by SquareNothing
Metalicer!!!! Krik Halmet!!!!1
Thanks for your comment!!

I've been writing songs properly for about 3 years now.

...and no its not a metallica song haha. Heavyily influenced by them though.
Dude go listen to Pull Me Under by Dream Theater! Right now I'm only up to your intro but it sounds just like the intro to Pull Me Under. So much that I thought that was what I was listening to.
My Gear
Jackson Pro Series DK2M
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
VOX AD50VTXL Valvetronix Amp
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell

Originally Posted By iron_maiden93

He wants to rape us....He raped me

Last edited by Avengethedeath at Jul 6, 2009,
In the beginning it sounded a bit like One. But very good and original overall. Keep up the good work.
Quote by Jaymz2K
Kidding, they hate you and want you to be miserable.

Also, Charmander.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
If I teach myself to cum on command with the word Jackpot... Won't make any bets, but I'll still be a winner.
Quote by Bowe
so wait... does PETA think all gay people are vegans?
Other than the intro the song is great! The main riffs reminded me of ...AJFA. The solos were epic my friend good job. I would buy this!
My Gear
Jackson Pro Series DK2M
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
VOX AD50VTXL Valvetronix Amp
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell

Originally Posted By iron_maiden93

He wants to rape us....He raped me

Last edited by Avengethedeath at Jul 6, 2009,
Quote by Avengethedeath
Dude go listen to Pull Me Under by Dream Theater! Right now I'm only up to your intro but it sounds just like the intro to Pull Me Under. So much that I thought that was what I was listening to.

This, but it's still awesome, and can deffinatly hear the Metallica infuence
Wow, thanks for all your comments. Really appreciated!!

Tony, I do know music theory but I only really used scales. There are bits in like the chorus harmony and melody where I did use theory but apart from that no. Writing by ear seems to be easier for me.
great job a little like one but steady heavy and fast kept me listening and wanting more dont stop writing and never forget it is about world domination!!!!
Good stuff, I enjoyed it. It sounded more Megadeth-ish than Metallica-ish to me, but that's just me. And, personally, I think the snare sounds good already. It sounds good, tight, poppin, and suits the overall sound in my opinion.
I never really post anymore but I signed it just to say this was really good. I could hear a lot of metallica influence, particuarly Welcome Home (Sanitarium) at some points. Keep it up. Metallica is also a huge influence for me also.
Is it possible you may like some metal-core bands? I can hear some Metallica, but I hear metal-core/possibly death metal influences the most.

Also, I loved the song, but I'm going to be extremely tough on you. The intro with the clean part IMO is one of the main flaws. It's a great intro, but for a different song. The intro is supposed to be catchy (which you achieved), grab the listeners attention (which you did as well) and give the listener kind of an impression of what the song's "feeling" is which I think you didn't do.

Other then that, a great song, but I would have personally made the intro maybe more aggressive and darker to fit the song better.
Last edited by DIMEBAGLIVEDON at Jul 6, 2009,
Again, thanks for all your comments.

DIMEBAGLIVEDON, thanks for your critisism. Yea the intro is kinda deattached from the rest of the song but thats what I kinda wanted it to do haha.

Also, I used to listen to alot of metalcore but moved on from that really and listen to alot of thrash and death metal.

I just need a good singer now :P
Quote by IsmokeDope
Good job! I really like it. For how long have you been writing songs?

Are you sure that aint a Metallica song? Because it sounds EXACTLY like Metallica

Uh...which song are you talking about? I habe all of their albums and the only thing I could see this being similar to is ...AJFA which it is not overly similar to.

Otherwise great song!
Your mother likes it ruff, Trebeck.
Dude this is awesome. One of the best I've heard on UG in ages. The actual song is great, I really like it, and the production is top notch.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Very good. And as some one else said it does sound like pull me Under, that's what I thought of right away, haha. But like I said, awesome song. I wish I could actually finish a song and make it sound as good as this one. Kudos man. Metallica is one of my main influences as well. Every time I write and record something some one tells me it's very Metallica-ish. Which I guess I like but it gets pretty annoying after a while.
Last edited by Defnition at Jul 9, 2009,
i listend to thrash metal. cool little progression/riff thing there at the begening. it has a trippy/far away kinda sound, and i like that. i loved the heavy guitar coming in around 48 seconds. that realy kicked it into gear. its hard for me to realy like stuff without lyrics, but this was great. its kinda long but the tempo changes are nice. a good peace. good composing man. rock on.

c4c? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=20656880#post20656880
It sounds very, very Metallica, yes!

I think it was good, it definitely ripped my face off in the best way, the galloping section was deliciously apocalyptic sounding.

I am enjoying this!