Hey guys.

This will probably get a load of people saying '*reported*' and 'wrong forum', but what the heck. I know tone questions are supposed to go in the Tone Thread, but I've been looking through and literally less than 5 requests were actually answered.

So anyway. Im looking for amp settings for the lead tone in the song The Artist In The Ambulance by Thrice. Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ton0a230_s . You can hear the lead quite clearly at about 0:26 when the solo kicks in. This guy has a pretty good tone of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv_K4yfftQc .

So yeah. I have a Line 6 Spider III 75w (I know some people hate this amp), and a rubbish Squier Strat. My amp knobs are Bass, Mid, Treble, Reverb, Master Volume and Channel Volume. I also have effects (Delay, Tape Echo, Sweep Echo, Phaser, Flanger and Tremolo).

Yeah. Any help would be apperciated. Thanks.
Quote by firestarter12
does any1 know where I can get a fender les paul? i always only see 1 or the other but i want one thats both.

i use the 4th or 5th position on my strats selector and use some chorus and reverb. on my amp i have bass like at 2 and the trebble like at 8 and the mids like at 6
I wish you great luck.
******A Console Cowboy****** 1
I'm pretty sure Thrice double up the guitars in their recordings plus they use PRS guitars which make a huge difference but if you figure it out let us know!
Last edited by AxSilentxLine at Jul 6, 2009,
Quote by sbinlb
i use the 4th or 5th position on my strats selector and use some chorus and reverb. on my amp i have bass like at 2 and the trebble like at 8 and the mids like at 6

You use that tone for The Artist in the Ambulance? It's a cool tone, but it's more like a Blink 182 type tone. I think The Artist in the Ambulance is more bassy.
Quote by firestarter12
does any1 know where I can get a fender les paul? i always only see 1 or the other but i want one thats both.

Quote by AxSilentxLine
I'm pretty sure Thrice double up the guitars in their recordings plus they use PRS guitars which make a huge difference but if you figure it out let us know!

Yeah, I know I'm not gonna get very far with a Squier Strat that cost about £80 from Toys 'R' Us. but I'm willing to go as far as I can with it. I'll have to wait till' Christmas to get a new guitar, but I might not even ask my parents for one, cos' I don't think I'm good enough =/.

And anyway, I thought Teppei either used a Gibson Les Paul or a Gibson SG to record The Artist in the Ambulance, not a PRS. But I don't know though, I'm just going off interviews and live performance videos.
Quote by firestarter12

Quote by Obder
Yeah, I know I'm not gonna get very far with a Squier Strat that cost about £80 from Toys 'R' Us. but I'm willing to go as far as I can with it. I'll have to wait till' Christmas to get a new guitar, but I might not even ask my parents for one, cos' I don't think I'm good enough =/.

that's pretty bad...
getting new gear doesn't depend on skill level
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"