My Epiphone Explorer Goth doesn't sound really good. I use it with a Laney HCM10 amp, and it sounds really cheap. I know it isn't a super good guitar , but it accually used to sound better before. Can it be the batteries? I heard they can run out of juice, would be awesome if someone could like guide me how to switch them, or give me some other good tips?

Thanks

/Richard
Quote by MetalGuitarest
kind of pickups you got?

The goths come with some kind of active pups. Think they're EMGs.
If its not the pups, could be your strings are old. But I would check the pups first
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by rutnik
My Epiphone Explorer Goth doesn't sound really good. I use it with a Laney HCM10 amp, and it sounds really cheap. I know it isn't a super good guitar , but it accually used to sound better before. Can it be the batteries? I heard they can run out of juice, would be awesome if someone could like guide me how to switch them, or give me some other good tips?

Thanks

/Richard

Dude its probably your amp try it on a bigger or better amp if you or your friend have one, the guitar does not run on batteries they are passive humbuckers
Epiphone goth's do not come with active pickups. They are the cheap Epiphone pickups they put in studios. It's your amp dude. A 6.5 inch speaker wont give you crap worth of tone. I have played the goth series on my amp, Traynor YCV 80, and they sound good to me.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
If it's a version with EMGs, check the batteries, then try turning the volume on the pickups down, because your practice amp might not be able to handle the output.

If they're passive, assume it's because the amp sounds like crap. Or the strings might need changed. Rotten strings sound pretty muddy.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
The thing is people, i've no idea how to change batteries or where they are since im totally new to open up my guitar? I opened a small plate behind the 3 knobs on the front, all i found was like 3 round silver thingies with alot of wires going in :S
If there's no bettery in there than they are pssive, ruling out a bad battery. Try changing strings. It could be that you're just getting a better ear for tone and are now realizing that it isn't very good.
Gear:
Ibanez RG570 circa 1993
Ibanez S2020XAV
Carvin DC127
EVH 5153 50w
Orange PPC112
AxeFX II
Quote by Lt.DustyBanana
If there's no bettery in there than they are pssive, ruling out a bad battery. Try changing strings. It could be that you're just getting a better ear for tone and are now realizing that it isn't very good.

The strings are pretty new, changed them 2.5 weeks ago But thanks for telling me that there's no battery.

I guess it must be the amp then that makes it suck so hard? I mean the amp can't handle full "grunge" , it gives away a very loud annoying beeping sound if i don't touch the strings. But it sounds pretty fine on the clean channel.

I guess i'll buy a new amp, what should i get? I've been thinking about a Line 6 III spider 30w , give me some good suggestions , i like to play metal..
Quote by rutnik
The strings are pretty new, changed them 2.5 weeks ago But thanks for telling me that there's no battery.

I guess it must be the amp then that makes it suck so hard? I mean the amp can't handle full "grunge" , it gives away a very loud annoying beeping sound if i don't touch the strings. But it sounds pretty fine on the clean channel.

I guess i'll buy a new amp, what should i get? I've been thinking about a Line 6 III spider 30w , give me some good suggestions , i like to play metal..

No
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
It's the amp.

Look at a Peavey Vypyr, Roland Cube or Vox Valvetronix - try all 3 and see which you like best. Just bear in mind that "being able to play" has a massive bearing on how good you're going to sound, regardless of equipment.

Don't go near the Spider, they're gash.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Jul 6, 2009,
Quote by rutnik

Thanks

/Richard

There's your problem- right there.
Quote by Aidy Damage
There's your problem- right there.

you got any good suggestions for a better amp? A Bedroom Metal amp
Get a Peavey Vypyr for metal (Roland Cube and Vox VT are good as well, just less metal)
Do not, under ANY circumstance, get a Marshall MG, Fender Frontman, any Behringer or Line 6 Spider III. Not even if they have 6 times the wattage for the same money. They will still sound terrible