I know there may be a thread about this, but I made this for advice too. I'll be going off to college in the fall, commuting. So my dad is going to get me a car. The two I have in mind right now are Honda Civic or Scion tC. Anyone have any advice? And while your at it, what was your first car? Keep in mind I'll be driving highway every day.

God I loved mine.
Shame it wasn't as nice as this one.
Oh, you wouldn't want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise, they wouldn't wanna watch
P Reg Fiat Punto 1.7 TD. Loud, grumbly bit o' kit but it's a belter on windy roads in 3rd-4th, so long as I keep it above 3K revs. That and i've put 16k miles on it in two years and it's only had one oil leak. Love the bugger.

ಠ_ಠ

wat

UG'ers are usually 12 year olds, but i'd say an old civic could be good, basically anything Japanese with a small engine.
My first vehicle was a tractor

Then I got gifted with this beauty ;P

pretty banged up after hurricane IKE but I love her

Gear:
Fender American Strat
Washburn Idol
Pitchblack > Cst OD > M5 > Flashback Tripple Delay > SIZE=1]Whirly Verb
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL100
Marshall 1960AV
Last edited by Mr. Kyle at Jul 6, 2009,
First car that I bought and pay for myself is my 99 Nissan Maxima SE.

USAA auto insurance =
My God, it's full of stars!

Plymouth Acclaim. It's a much better car than it has any right to be.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by sbinlb
i would go with the civic because the tc is pretty small. i currently ride a skateboard until i get my license.

Yea I was thinking that cause im 6' tall, when I get in the tC there is enough legroom but the headroom is lacking. But I kinda like the tC better anyways. I've been driving my sisters corolla comfortably anyways.
2000 2-Door Ford Explorer. Not a bad little SUV.
I'm Canadian Eh?
Eat a live toad first thing in the morning. Nothing worse will happen to you all day.
Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes.
Quote by newaccount
The two I have in mind right now are Honda Civic or Scion tC.

I'm not really a fan of either of those cars tbh.

Are you planning on getting a new or used car? Whats your budget? What are the things you want out of this car? Do you want something sporty? Do you care about fuel economy? How many doors do you think you'll want?
Tell us any and everything you can possibly think of that you'd ever want in a car and we'll be able to help you out.

EDIT: Oh, and my first car was a 2001 Pontiac Grand Am GT, which I totaled last week
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb
Last edited by wiliscool at Jul 6, 2009,
Quote by Blue_Strat_06
i didnt even ask for it

You lucky son of a B!!!
My God, it's full of stars!
2002 ford mustang. i busted my balls everyday at work and missed 2 summers working every single day to get the $8000 to pay for her. recently sold for a 1970 mach 1 that needs restoration. god i loved that car.

my suggestion to you between those 2 cars would be the honda civic as long as its a newish one and you don't rice it out like most kids.

I would say that a BETTER option however, would be a volkswagen golf. as its roomier inside, and gives off a bit of a better image. Fast and Furious has really ruined the honda civic.
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Jul 6, 2009,
^Agreed.
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb
I have a 2008 Scion tC in white and I love it. I would go with the Scion
Im into the sporty look of the scion
And its basically a camry with a different body, and camry's are pretty reliable cars.

not my actual car.. but this is the one i got.

honestly this one looks better, ive been considering hooking mine up like this
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
Civic... I think Scions are hideous nasty little things.

But my first car was a 98 Pontiac Sunfire 2 door...
'98 Civic
Considering it was a gift, I can't complain. It get's me around and it's quite reliable.
Quote by glm
I love you for saying that.

after I said "if the Governator could do it; so can Mr. Colbert"
Ive had a Subaru Outback for about 2 years. It was great up until a few weeks ago when it started heating up. I think I might just give up on it and get something else
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
I'd go for the Civic, TS. That's what I'm hoping to pick up for my next car. My first was a '97 Grand Prix. I miss it... the transmission died last fall

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

My first car was a 1987 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme.

I have a Civic currently and it's not a bad car. No experience with Scion, though. They're a Toyota subsidiary, so they can't be that terrible. If you're going to go Scion, though, get the car, not that boxy abomination.
Hi, I'm Peter
My first car was a gift from my father. A piece of **** 1993 Jeep Grand cherokee. Ran that **** into the ground, saved up some cake, and bought one of these last month.

2002 VW GTI 337. Only 1500 made.

Of course mine is nicer than the one pictured, though.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson