hey guys. I heard a few Shinedown songs recently and i thought it sounded good. I dont really know this band so i'm turning to you guys. Which of their album is the best, or most representative of them? which one should i listen to first?

thanks,
-chris-
<DInkyDaisy>I would so have sex with tauket now.
<SpacedOut>I'd kill to have tauket naked in a bath of warm milk right now.
<Blnkgttrst>Oh Chris, you're what the Spaniards call "El Terrible"
<Jallas>chris you're hot in bed
you should start by listening to Superunknown(album) by Soundgarden instead
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
shut the **** up and answer my question
*reported

theres a big recommendation thread, you should have tried that instead of making a thread on a hated band, then insulting me when i made a joke.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by David_Bowie=GOD
*reported

theres a big recommendation thread, you should have tried that instead of making a thread on a hated band, then insulting me when i made a joke.

Hated? Shinedown are one of the most respected mainstream rock bands of this era on this website.
Quote by The Contagen
Hated? Shinedown are one of the most respected mainstream rock bands of this era on this website.

Well I still don't hear much other than bad from people on here...

That being said, they aren't that bad. I can tolerate some of their songs, but I still wouldn't buy one of their albums. Like I said, TS, check the recommendation thread.
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Last edited by David_Bowie=GOD at Jul 7, 2009,
Quote by The Contagen

interesting theory but i am gonna have to disagree with it on the account that shinedown is like trying so hard to be the next nickelback and nickelback suck so a band trying to be nickelback has to suck worse than nickelback right
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
Quote by Shayne777
interesting theory but i am gonna have to disagree with it on the account that shinedown is like trying so hard to be the next nickelback and nickelback suck so a band trying to be nickelback has to suck worse than nickelback right

Their nothing like Nickelback.....
How the **** do they sound like Nickelback?

A lot of people probably haven't even heard anything but their new singles off of the disaster that is Sound of Madness. Shinedown's older stuff is really good and they don't have that generic, mainstream hard rock sound like on the newest album. If you want to get into Shinedown, check out the first two albums. Songs like Heroes, Save Me, Fly From The Inside and .45 are really good.
thanks alot ronnie!

I can't beleive it took 8 posts before someone actually attempted a direct answer to my question.
that being said, i'm off to listen to some Shinedown and make my own god damn opinion of whether they are good or not.

good day
-chris-
Sound of Madness(album) is good.

You can teach anyone to play fast, but you gotta have soul.
-Zakk Wylde

My set:
Gibson SG Faded Cherry
Peavy Rage 158
Boss DS-1 Distortion
I admit, I like their older work. Still wouldn't buy it though.
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Their song "Save Me" is what got me into Shinedown. Well technically "45" was but I like save me a lot more. The album "Us & Them" is my favorite. "Sound of Madness" is also worth checking out.
I like Shinedown, but other than the people who bash them without hearing them, am I the only one who hated Sound of Madness? I loved both of the older albums and I waited years for Sound of Madness and it was a huge disappointment to me. It sounds way too polished, a lot of the lyrics are really lame and the choruses in a lot of songs drag on far too long. It's sounds like they copied Saliva and all the other mainstream hardrock bands.
You can start by entering the Soundgarden thread, and helping us make plans to kick that guy from Shinedown's ass for getting our hopes up about a Soundgarden tour.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
I loved all 3 of the albums...

Granted, the 3rd was the worst out of the 3, but I still loved it.
Quote by santa_man99
THANK you. I love you forever.

Quote by DrFuzz
Why are you researching for Christmas? It's only Ma- HOLY CRAP WHERE'S 2009 GONE!?!?!?

Quote by ilikepirates
You're right, that is weird. You win.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
You can start by entering the Soundgarden thread, and helping us make plans to kick that guy from Shinedown's ass for getting our hopes up about a Soundgarden tour.

this, even though I didn't take anything he said in that interview seriously
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Just get all 3 albums. The second one Us And Them is probably the most recognizable one.
Quote by David_Bowie=GOD
this, even though I didn't take anything he said in that interview seriously

All I'm saying is, I'm going to show him what it's like to stare down the barrel of a .45.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
I'd check out all three albums, in my opinion they were all excellent.

Some specific songs to listen to would be: 45, Fly From the Inside, No More Love, Save Me, I Dare You, Shed Some Light, Atmosphere, Devour, The Sound of Madness, Second Chance, If You Only Knew, and Sin With a Grin.

They have tons of other great songs, but I didn't want to list TOO many
What made Shinedown great from the beginning was the southern element in their music that didn't really exist with other bands in modern rock until then. They were equal parts Black Crowes and Soundgarden in their approach. Brent Smith's emotional investment in the material is apparent, and he has always had an attitude of " This world has screwed you, and told you that you are nothing and you will always be nothing, and I'm here to show you that the light you shine can blind the dimmest of judgements passed on you."

Regardless of the reason they are making music, I have had close enough interaction with these individuals that I do not doubt their sincerity, graciousness, and soul.

That being said, I think Us and Them was their most honest effort in making an album. No song on that album seemed to be incorporating any genre trend at that time. It was 4 guys doing what it took musically to get the point across, and be damned to expectations.
Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.
Yeah, Sound Of Madness is pretty good. I also liked their cover of Simple Man. Their singer has an amazing voice.
God i love all these people who bash a band just because they became famous. Not appreciating something because the mainstream likes it is still letting the mainstream influence your opinion.
Anyway, shinedown is amazing, I was not a huge fan of leave of whisper but us and them and sound of madness are incredible...basically just get all 3 cds lol
I might actually like shinedown if they didn't play there music literally 20 times a day on the rock station here. So so overplayed.
VIVA LA REVOLUTION