Is it possible to buy a SG pick guard separately and put it on a SG special?
Quote by consecutive e
Let me be the first to say.

Pics or gtfo.

Quote by CaptDin
Guitar Center - because someone has to trick people into buying Line 6 amps.

[img]http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=77198&stc=1[/img]
I'm pretty sure you'd have to drill it in, so be really careful.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
He means Epi SG Special, not Gibson.

You can, in theory, install a small G-400 or 61 Reissue style pickguard, or a G-310 style pickguard, but not a real, fullsize Gibson style pickguard.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
^ I thought so to. Are you maybe just wanting a different one?
equipment:
Gibson SG Special ltd.
Peavey JF2EX
Fender Kingman SCE
Vox AD30Vt
Line6 Spider III 150

Quote by Philip_pepper

Be sure to be able to recite at least one Shakespeare quote before and after each song.

Out loud, or in your head, it's up to you.
Quote by AxSilentxLine
Don't all SG's have scratch plates?

I thin most of the common, "iconic" ones do, but some models (eg Epiphone Prophecy SGs and I think the Gibson SG Supreme) don't.

I thought Specials do though, so maybe he wants a replacement (in which case you should be able to). If it doesn't have one you still could put one one, but you'll need to drill screw holes in the right places.
Quote by g_tab_man
^ I thought so to. Are you maybe just wanting a different one?

Specials have no pick guard
Quote by Snake™
Yeah, becuase Buckethead is like 6' 8" and his hands are bigger than George Lopez's head.

Quote by Scutchington
"You've been... THUNDERSTRUCK!"
Last edited by LemonBurst at Jul 6, 2009,
I have the exact same Epi SG Special. It does not have a pickguard on it. I wanted to put one on mine, too but I couldn't find where they were sold, no music store or online store really had them. Oh well, it got a neck fracture not that long ago anyway so its pretty much useless and i have no need to put a pickguard on now... but yes, just to clear things up the SG SPECIAL DOES NOT HAVE A PICKGUARD ON IT
"I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass . . . and I'm all out of bubble gum"
Quote by urinetastesgood
I have the exact same Epi SG Special. It does not have a pickguard on it. I wanted to put one on mine, too but I couldn't find where they were sold, no music store or online store really had them. Oh well, it got a neck fracture not that long ago anyway so its pretty much useless and i have no need to put a pickguard on now... but yes, just to clear things up the SG SPECIAL DOES NOT HAVE A PICKGUARD ON IT

You can't buy a pick guard ANYWHERE? Can't you ask the shop to special order it?
Quote by Snake™
Yeah, becuase Buckethead is like 6' 8" and his hands are bigger than George Lopez's head.

Quote by Scutchington
GB&C would have been much more helpful, nothing wrong with this forum, but those guys know their stuff. Yes you can, try to order online and then just drill holes and screw it on ezpz
Quote by kurtebirdi
GB&C would have been much more helpful, nothing wrong with this forum, but those guys know their stuff. Yes you can, try to order online and then just drill holes and screw it on ezpz

This doesn't seem that BIG of a customizing project.
Quote by Snake™

Quote by Scutchington
Last edited by LemonBurst at Jul 6, 2009,