So I'm looking for a new amp for mostly a metal style (Metallica,Megadeth,Trivium est..)
but something that can also swing some blues and rock tones.
Right now I'm using a Crate Flex Wave 65watt solid state amp and I'd really like to upgrade.I was thinking something like http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-ValveKing-112-Combo-Amp?sku=481442#new. I would love some recommendations because I like to have options.And anything around the price of $500/$600 but I will go a little bit higher if necessary

Thanks UG!

EDIT: I Do not only play metal but it's my favorite style
I can go used
I'm now in a band so yes I might be playing live soon.
Who Said Anything About A Signature ? ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by metallicaboy27 at Jul 6, 2009,
The VK is very meh.

If you are really into metal and don't play blues/rock that much than I would suggest a used Peavey 5150/6505/5150II0/6505+, if you are going to need more versatility than a used Peavey XXX/JSX would be good.

By the way sickest avatar ever right there.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
check my thread

and can you go used??
do you only play metal?
do you gig??
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
i say the valveking by peavey

very metal
DBZ Barchetta Eminent FR
DBZ Bolero ST
DBZ Imperial FM
DBZ Venom Matte Black
Dean '79 V
Dean '79 ML
Fender Princeton Chorus
Behringer V-Tone 2/12
Asterope Cables
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Digitech Hardware Metal Distortion
if you really want a vk youll want an OD, speaker, EQ pedal. By that point you could have bought something else. My VK sounds great though with all the additions.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
Quote by shredmaster12
i say the valveking by peavey

very metal

says teh guy with the MG

its not good for metal unless modded IMO and mods costs about $200ish.... and a Used 5150 and a JCM900 is right up your alley
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by sg622
if you really want a vk youll want an OD, speaker, EQ pedal. By that point you could have bought something else. My VK sounds great though with all the additions.

I already have an Boss EQ pedal and I have a Jekyll and Hyde overdrive and distortion (the older model) so maybe I could use that? Or I could sell it and get a Ibanez Tube screamer. Does that sound good or should I still go for another amp?
Who Said Anything About A Signature ? ಠ_ಠ
Blackstar HT-5 could work for you, you'd have to mic that for a gig.

But yeah, listen to Alf.
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON
Yeah, I'd say get a 5150.
Gear:
Fender American Strat
Washburn Idol
Pitchblack > Cst OD > M5 > Flashback Tripple Delay > SIZE=1]Whirly Verb
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL100
Marshall 1960AV
Quote by metallicaboy27
I already have an Boss EQ pedal and I have a Jekyll and Hyde overdrive and distortion (the older model) so maybe I could use that? Or I could sell it and get a Ibanez Tube screamer. Does that sound good or should I still go for another amp?

See, the thing is that you shouldn't need all that extra stuff just to get a "good" tone out of the amp. I would look for amps that sound decent stock. No reason in buying an amp and just spending more to upgrade it so it actually sounds good.

The Blackstar HT-5 (mic'd for gigs so maybe not that great of a choice )

WTFTab dudes long list of all the gear imaginable in the realm of metal. Hit that forum up